Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The unlimited excitement of things to come (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The unlimited excitement of things to come
RAMA
Member # 380

- posted      Profile for RAMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A note from your friendly neighborhood administrator:
WARNING: Rumors about Series V and ST10, which may be considered spoilers, are included in this post, and other posts in this thread.

We have:

1. A new series, with a new Enterprise.

2. A 10th movie with new ROmulan ships or at least new designs for the Warbird plus a villain that probably has her own vessel for her cloning experiments.

3. The new STTMP irector's Edition, which will flesh out the V'Ger probe and correct travelling mattes.

Its a pretty good time for ST techheads. :-)

RAMA

------------------
Recession repression regression
Shifts of scenery
And warning tremors of landslides
The sun comes down
The mountains move aside
Your kingdom slips out of your hands

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited March 21, 2001).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Errr...Cloning experiments? Never heard that one before, but you may want to include spoiler warnings.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Enterprise? What's wrong with the old one? Seems a bit unecessary to move on to the Ent-F so soon.

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*

It's a pet peeve of mine, but I REALLY HATE IT with all these people jumping to conclusions before the Official Announcement.

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only real fact is that we're getting to see a new ship in the next series.

And where did you hear about a new type of Romulan vessel? Although it really makes sence, because the standard Warbird is most likely not going to look very good on the big screen. Above that, they REALLY NEED a new ship design!

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

RAMA
Member # 380

- posted      Profile for RAMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Errr...Cloning experiments? Never heard that one before, but you may want to include spoiler warnings.

Yes, the cloning is directly from Berman's last interview, not a rumor. The villain is female.

RAMA

------------------
Shifts of scenery
The sun comes down
The mountains move aside

RAMA
Member # 380

>>New Enterprise? What's wrong with the old one? Seems a bit unecessary to move on to the Ent-F so soon.

***SPOILERS I SUPPOSE***

Its the first Enterprise in a series since STNG, and it will be PRE-TOS, and without naceles.

RAMA

------------------
Shifts of scenery
The sun comes down
The mountains move aside

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, while I tend to agree that it'll be pre-TOS (possibly maybe) ... that doesn't mean its written in stone.

I would prefer a pre-TOS series. If it's a "future" Trek, it'd be the same as ST:TNG unless the managed to "shake it up" somehow (think Andromeda).

The nacelle-less design makes me think post-TNG, simple because all the ships we've seen from First Contact on up HAVE nacelles. Now, look at more modern ships (like Defiant) to see nacelle-less ships, which is why I tend to think POST-TNG)

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 21, 2001).]

RAMA
Member # 380

The only real fact is that we're getting to see a new ship in the next series.
And where did you hear about a new type of Romulan vessel? Although it really makes sence, because the standard Warbird is most likely not going to look very good on the big screen. Above that, they REALLY NEED a new ship design!

The new Romulan vessel is a given, since TV models do not have the detail necessary for the resolution and clarity of anamorphic format. The detail will be different.

The cloning; female villain, etc are all facts directly taken from Rick Berman interviews.

RAMA

------------------
Shifts of scenery
The sun comes down
The mountains move aside

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More detail doesn't neccessarily mean a new design. Look what they did to the Enterprise-D: gave it a new paint job and it was set to go. That's not the reason they'd design a new ship.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a related interview, the Borg announced that they've successfully completed assimilating the Dominion. You're all doomed.

*singing*
Oh, where, oh where, is that interview posted, oh where, oh where can it beeeeee....

With its spoilers small, and it's leads a-few, oh where, oh where can it beeeee...

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ow. Someone needs to be tuned.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Net content of Berman and Logan interviews follows:
  • Romulans
  • New, hopefully Khan-level, villain of indeterminate sex
  • involves cloning
  • Logan is loading it with lots of fan-friendly goodies, continuity hooks etc.
  • One of these may be the reappearance of some TOS aliens

That's it. There's been nothing else out of official sources, and we have yet to hear from one credible unofficial source.

Everything except the cloning's from this page @ startrek.com. That one's from a Spelling interview with Berman that I'm too busy to track down right now.

------------------
    "Ring a bell, and I'll salivate...
    well how'd you like that?
    Dr. Landy, please tell me
    I'm not just a pedagogue..."
    -Brian Wilson, The Barenaked Ladies

[This message has been edited by The_Tom (edited March 22, 2001).]

• Malnurtured Snay
    Blogger
    Member # 411

*MAJOR TREK X CASTING SPOILERS!!!!!!*

$

$

$

$

$
    The cast will include:

Patrick Stewart, Jonathon Frakes, Brent Spiner, Gates McFadden, Michael Dorn, LeVar Burton and Marina Sirtis!!!!!!

Gotcha.

------------------
    Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
    astronauts gotta get paid
    Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    *dies*

Not of laughter, though.

Johnathon Frakes? That's a new one to me. It'll be weird on the credits when a Johnathan Frakes and a Johnathon Frakes appear. Confusion.

------------------
    "Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited March 22, 2001).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps