Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Why transporter rooms? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why transporter rooms?
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When did these take place?

Timo Saloniemi

Dan Stack
Member # 516

- posted      Profile for Dan Stack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't recall beaming through the wormhole... Maybe at the end of "Jem Hadar". However, Nog and Jake were beamed off the station, if I recall correctly, in "In the Cards".
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About DS9 having a transporter in OPS:

Different situation. The Enterprise would fly up to a planet/ship/take-away, and Riker and co would walk down the corridor, have a chat, and then beam off. This didn't happen in DS9, because almost all the beaming involving the ops transporter was beaming someone ON. Since they could create a forcefield around the pad, there was little need, in storytelling terms, to have a seperate transporter room.

There was more of a need on the Defiant though. And look, it had a sperate tansporter, er, chamber thingy.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first is, as was mentioned, presumably from "The Jem'Hadar." Er...or was it from the second part of "The Search"? Anyway, it's just a guess, but Eris beamed somewhere, presumably out of sensor range. Whether it was back through the wormhole or not, it still represented a feat Starfleet transporters weren't up to.

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Relativity, we have a long range transporter on the bridge (albeit with temporal capabilities). So that would seem to set the pattern for the next few centuries.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a transporter on the bridge of the Jenolan. Though the entire bridge would not fit the module that it has.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps