Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sovereign Torp Launchers - Again! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sovereign Torp Launchers - Again!
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Browsing through the Sketchbook: The Movies, it seems that the Torp launchers on the Enterprise-E do not need long tubes. There is only some kind of torpedo-loading tube, and then there is a short (only slightly larger than the torps themselves) launcher.
This could solve the yacht problem.

------------------
"To all Harry-Fans: I meant no disrespect against Harry and have nothing against the stupid little creature. Thanks and enjoy the show."
Nimrod, 04-04-01.

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds great. It seems only logical that they have the technology available for accelerating objects from a stand-still, what with all the gravimetric compensators and whatchacall it? inertial dampers? An inertial damper turned 180!
That would make magnetic gauss coils or accelerator chutes obsolete.

Oh, and this is the sound of me blushing.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, basically is that probably that Starfleet along the way after E-D was commissioned that there is a new type of torp firing gizmo.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, what you're describing is the popup launcher design that was originally intended to be the weapon used by Picard and crew to destroy the deflector dish. The producers later decided that a torpedo explosion would cause too much damage, and decided to have Worf fire a normal phaser rifle instead. So the weapon is not canon; furthermore, the ship's MSD shows the usual big torpedo launchers.

Boris

------------------
"@%#@&@#The@#@truth$#$# @#@$@points@#@#to@#@$@# itself@#@$@#@$"

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So the weapon is not canon

Must resist...must resist...must resist...must resist...must resist...must resist...must resist...

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO IT'S NOT CANON. IT IS NOT. IT'S SPECULATION! EVEN IF IT WERE CANON, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE A NORMAL TORPEDO LAUNCHER. IT'S MANUALLY LOADED AND TARGETED BY A PERSON IN A SPACESUIT. I DON'T SUPPOSE THE HUGE YACHT LAUNCHER IS IN FACT ONE OF THESE BABIES IN AUTOMATIC MODE. THE MSD PROVES YOU WRONG. SO THERE!

Boris

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm. Must you shout ... ?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooookay...

------------------
Ace

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people seem to be suffering from post-Darkstar hysteria.

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

I'm joking, allright?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited April 08, 2001).]

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, I hope that sig of yours is a html-trick gone horribly wrong. Whywhywhy else????

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

@#&^*&^*&$NO^&^@#@$@#%^&%

Kosh

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

No kosh? It isn't kosher, you say?
Jim Phelps
Member # 102

We're all kosher.

Boris

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Wait a minute. Did you forget to write Boris and wrote your old name?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps