Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Re: Blurry trailer after "Author, author," Daedelus-class? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Re: Blurry trailer after "Author, author," Daedelus-class?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... That's the original model for Cochrane's Phoenix. It's what they based the design in FC off of. This new probe is obviously based off the FC Phoenix. Therefore, yes, there would be a correlation...

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Balapoel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
post hoc ergo propter hoc?

Of course they are similar. However, the point is this appears to be more similar. Given the fact that the TPTB like to reuse old ideas (re: Nova class, peregrine class rehashes, karemman rehashes, and the ubiquitous antares), it's possible that they had this ship in mind.

------------------
Ripley: When we throw the switches, how long before the ship blows?
Parker: Ten minutes.
Ripley: No bullshit?
Parker: If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.

Alien (1979)

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno... To me, it looks more like a cross between the FC Phoenix and the Valiant. I don't see any resemblance to the Chronology Phoenix that would be separate from the FC one.

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Theroy: After Phoenix, an unmanned deep space probe was sent out at low-warp to explore the unknown. Somehow - centuries later - it got all the way to the delta quadrent, and a planet intercepted it and used what was left of its nuclear technology to develop nukes.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
I don't like Wesley Crusher.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's pretty much the plot, right there

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, of Earth's early space travel greats, Voyager has now encountered two. Amazing how these things end up on a direct path between Earth and Ocampa...

I wonder if they'll run into Buck Rogers' shuttle for the finale.

I'm done with the sarcasm now, by the way.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps