Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » What is this?? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is this??
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Err, still looks like a Karemma to me.

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the curved section connecting the both nacelle-struts, that seems to be absent in the modelpic.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder where that second Karemman design is from - the one without the forked bow? This Bajoran-operated freighter just above the foremost winged impulse ship seems to be another redesign of the Karemman ship, but a rather drastic one, with the nacelles moved forward/shortened and the bow altered more than in the drawing. And it definitely can't be the same ship as the foamcore mock-up, since the nacelles are in the wrong position here.

The curved piece joining the pylons might simply be missing from the foamcore temporarily, or then not considered necessary for portraying the general shape of the actual model. The nacelle and aft hull proportions seem to otherwise match the original Karemman ship so well that it's still the best fit I can think of.

Hmm. All three Karemman variants look very nice. And it would make sense for there to be such minor variation between freighter classes - it's more pleasing and realistic than having such major variation as is usually displayed by Starfleet ships.

Timo Saloniemi

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hrngrh. Something wrong with the address above. Oh, well - go from that page to "Fleet Pictures" and then to "Bajoran Blockade Fleet".

Timo Saloniemi

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh - the second 'Battle' picture in the Cardassian-Jem'Hadar sections is the best side view of a Sabre I've ever seen.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps