Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » error in voyager

Author Topic: error in voyager
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so what else is new you say

well i just noticed that in the only episold that the klingons appear on voyager-during the opening battle sequence:
when voyager fired behind her at the cloked D-7
the phaser beam came right out of her photon torpedo tube!

please tell me she can do that
i heard before the enterprise d fired phasers out if her tube also.

------------------

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Math error in Voyager.
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

------------------
"The Guide says that there is an art to flying...or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Life, the Universe and Everything

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, you wanna know? I bet Voyager can even use "caps", too ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he/she/it did use a capital 'D' in "D-7", interestingly enough...

Yes, the E-D once fired a phaser shot from it's forward torpedo tube. VFX cock-up, basically...

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the D7/K'tinga vessels in DS9's "Way of the Warrior" also fired disruptor beams from its forward torpedo tube. They were red instead of the traditional green, I think.
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's ridiculous but canon evidence supports the notion that torpedo tubes can fire phaser blasts. We've seen the Ent-nil, Ent-D, K't'ingas, Voyager, and the Defiant (from the knob on it's deflector dish) fire phasers from the same locations they've fired torpedos from. All these cases are obviously VFX errors (except with maybe the Ent-nil) but a canon purist would have "fun" trying to explain it away.

------------------
"Life's too short to be pissed off all the time." (Danny Vinyard, American History X)
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps