Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$Endgame$$ Ships (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$Endgame$$ Ships
DeltaFlyer
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the ship that Captain Kim in command of, the Rhode Island, a modified Nova Class vessel? And, would we call Janeway's new shuttle a modified type 9 or a new class?
IP: Logged
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think we should call them both new.

rememeber the runabout harry designed with a new engine got designated as a new class even though the thing looked the same as the danube class.null

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rhode Island was obviously just the Nova w/ some added bits. It's a safe guess that any future Enclyclopedia will call it a Nova.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say that the Rhode Island is a Nova-class ship, in the same way that the Enterprise-A was a Constitution-class ship.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say it's more like the way the Venture is still a Galaxy class ship. The Rhode Island's modifications seemed much less radical than the Enterprise's.

And, if the registry number is correct, then it's possible that the, uh, "real" or at least current ship is just a basic Nova, with the modifications added later in a sort of "All Good Things..." style.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing Voyager, I was half expecting a three-nacelled Intrepid Class ship
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This new format scares me a little....

Anyway...as far as I could tell, the only thing different about the RI as opposed to the Equinox are that A) the front of the saucer has been filled in and the big nav deflector has been replaced by a voyager-esque aux deflector, and B) the little pipes on the nacelles have been removed.

There could be others, but she's definitely still a Nova.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't suppose anyone has any screencaps of "Endgame" yet by any chance???

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooops, sorry, stupid me, just found the right thread.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she has a dome for a bridge
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nova could be considered a workhorse, like the Miranda, and come in multiple different versions.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good theory to me. The Nova is a great ship to (finally!) replace the Miranda class as science vessel.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the registry visible?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFAIK it wasn't, but according to Rob Bonchune (Foundation Imaging) it's NCC-72701.

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps