Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » some pics of the endgame fleet (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: some pics of the endgame fleet
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe
notice how the galaxy has the impulse engines on the saucer running too?
even though the galaxy was hardly movin...

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that cyst growing out of the Prometheus' primary hull, exactly?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Soontir_Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing it's another ship in front of it. Possibly the rollbar from an Akira.
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Galaxy's saucer impulse engines were usually glowing during the battle scenes from the Dominion war episodes of Deep Space Nine. I think that general consensus was that they were activated for extra weapon/shield power and manueverablity (in this case, prepping for it).

As far as I could see, there was definitely a Prometheus (or maybe the Prometheus), a Galaxy, a Nebula, an Akira, an Excelsior, a Miranda, and a Defiant. Interesting little hastily-assembled battle fleet.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess is that it was THE Prometheus, since Foundation apparently didn't bother changing any of the ship labels for this episode.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that would also mean that there is a whole fleet of U.S.S. Defiants and a whole fleet of U.S.S. Yeagers (Sabre Class).

BTW, is this supposed to be a late 24th century fleet? Still with Exies and Mirandas?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know if voyager did not blow up that sphere i wonder how well the fleet of 18 ships with 9 more on the way would have done against that sphere[mind you it was not the same type of sphere as in First Contact]

but then again that sphere seemed to have been ran by idiots--instead of listening to the queen and utterly destroy voyager immediatly----they chose to pull her inside while she was still very functional and dangerouse....

and instead of exiting out the nearest conduit back into the delta quadrent as said onscreen---they carried voyager inside all the way to earth??? hahaha

what was the sphere planning to do--assimilate voyager and then earth all by herself or take voyager to earth to destroy her infront of the fleet or let voyager watch as they destroy earth.....LOL

those nuts on the sphere aye.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we could get just one number from the hull of that Prometheus class I think we could figure out if it is THE Prometheus or not...

Given the screenshots it should be readable...

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually they said that the appature they found lead back to the Delta quadrant but that doesn't mean that the sphere caught them in time to use it. Or the queen could have told them to capture voyager, learn about all of the new technology and then go stomp the hell out of the Federation.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appeared to me that the sphere was pretty dead by the time it exited the conduit. They probably lost contact with the Collective just after swallowing Voyager, and just kept going.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You said that you took whatever you had for the Starfleet fleet in Endgame. So I assume the Prometheus vessel was THE Prometheus NX-59650. Were both Defiants labeled with USS Defiant NX-74205? Do you remember the names of the other ships like Galaxy, Miranda and especially Excelsior?

Was the Rhode Island bigger than the Equinox? It seemed so compared to the Negh'Vars.

quote:
Rob Bonchune (Foundation Imaging)
I'm sure your right, and no, I did not pick the ships, so I have no idea. They are whatever we had. They probably all say Excelsior. ( I hope you realise that nobody at Paramount actually cared what the ship names were. They said "fleet of ships" and that's all they cared about. As long as no names where visible that would be odd)

The Rhode Island is a modified and "futurized" Equinox. Same approximate size.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rob Bonchune (Foundation Imaging)
I'm sure your right, and no, I did not pick the ships, so I have no idea. They are whatever we had. They probably all say Excelsior. ( I hope you realise that nobody at Paramount actually cared what the ship names were. They said "fleet of ships" and that's all they cared about. As long as no names where visible that would be odd)

Figures... don't these people take pride in their work anymore? Right now I'm thinking about Bernd's Wolf 359 article and how Michael Okuda and the others painstakingly modeled a bunch of ships and LABELED each and every one of them?

Now, don't go thinking I'm a nut here... I know that they're not going to label a ship differently if it's just a small speck on the screen. I understand limits. Really...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly, they arnt gonna change all the textures just so the pixels look slightly diffrent. From those screen caps, theres no way you can identify the ships names so there is no point in changing them
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And just think, it'll probably be the last time you see these ships onscreen. Ever.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be very surprised if some of these classes fail to show up in the next film.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps