Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Non-Canon List (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Non-Canon List
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As can be seen in this photo, the Miranda in the distance has no registry. This is the USS Sitak.

Photo courtesy of Alidar Jarok's site.

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: targetemployee ]

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: targetemployee ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . and apart from the Defiant, it's about the only ship we do see that has any markings in that battle. In SofA or its re-use as stock footage in "WYLB."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the ship in the foreground, not the distance, right Lee? Is that the same ship that gets the front of it's saucer blown off and flies right by the camera? If it was THAT extreme a close-up (and considering how big the registry is on Miranda's compared to Galaxies and what-not), they might have stuck it on for that shot.

Those are the CGI models, aren't they? I've only just noticed, but haven't they got the movie logo on their nacelles? Shouldn't they (at least), have the TNG one (considering that the Lakota had the current Defiant/Voyager/Ent-E one, age doesn't seem to matter much)?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do have the movie logos on their pylons. I consider that as much an oops as the Starfleet pennant on the model of the S.S. Vico.

But the Sitak does have the nacelle markings, aft of the field grille. I wonder what those are...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps