Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Subspace as quantum tunneling or not?

Author Topic: Subspace as quantum tunneling or not?
Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently thought about that and...

Let's define quantum tunneling "realm" as 1 and realspace as 0. Then, any subspace field is actually, partial quantum tunneling effect.

Warp drive just shift waveform coordinates, mass-reduction fields tunnel part of every particle in field.Energy is hard to held in tunneling, so every sub- and atomic- bond is completely in realspace, thus their strength isn't reduced.

What do you think about my theory?

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bunnies are soft.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not very helpful David!!! HEHE!

To answer the question though - If I knew what you were talking about and had the slightest grasp of physics and related stuff, I'd tell you.

Sadly I don't so I can't. Looks interesting though. I eagerly await the response of others who know more than this humble British guy.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm with you up until the (sub)atomic bond is completely in realspace part.

Are you saying that the fictional effects of warp drive are an extension of the real effects of subatomic particles and their behavior according to quantum physics?

Interesting, but you'll have to be more specific.

And yes, bunnies are soft.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevod: No offense, but you really will need to work on your English to try to get across your ideas like that. Even having a limited knowledge of physics and the concept of quantum tunnelling, I have very little idea what you're trying to say...
Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm learning English...But don't haveing much progress...

Yes, I'm saying that subspace effects are an extension of quantum tunneling.When particle is enveloped in subspace field, part of its mass begin to tunnel, thus reducing mass(by splitting waveform in twoor something alike) or shifting its position.

That's not everything about my theory, I need to revise some things...

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, but quantum bunnies are not only soft, but also bristly at the same time. By the act of petting the cuddly-wuddly-widdle-funny-bunny and experiencing its texture, you are altering the original state of its un-cuddled texture.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHA! I see it!

Nevod is secretly working for the Russians to build the first warp-ship!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
AHA! I see it!

Nevod is secretly working for the Russians to build the first warp-ship!

With what? Stacks of nearly worthless Rubles and mountains of empty Vodka bottles?

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, it *could* work.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just get Voyager's crew to build it.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet you didn't know the whole Tunguska incident was the first prototype, aye?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Nevod
Member # 738

Haha, Tunguska (that's more correct pronocucing) had been the first impulse drive prototype, bot it's drives caused subspace inversion, thus forcing huge amount of energy to detunnel!

Yes, I'm working, but in really young, just a schoolar...But, at least, I have Internet! So I have all data I need.

Actually, it's part of my physics essay.

--------------------

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nevod:
Haha, Tunguska (that's more correct pronocucing) had been the first impulse drive prototype, bot it's drives caused subspace inversion, thus forcing huge amount of energy to detunnel!

I thought that was your prototype antimatter plant.... "What happens if we try to take it from zero output to 300,000 times it's designed output in 1/100000 of a second? Oh... Whoops!"

Intresting theroy Mr. Nevod. And your english isn't all that bad... Just needs some polish thats all.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps