Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek tech vs real life tech

Author Topic: Star Trek tech vs real life tech
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to do a small project for school in which I and two others are going to discuss Star Trek vs real life technology.

I've done plenty over searches on the web, but I need more.

Now I'd like to ask you if you can dig in your bookmarks or ask friends and post any and all links about things like Holodecks, Transporters, Food Replicators, Phasers, Androids, AI, etc that to do with Star Trek and compares it in some way with real life technology, or the other way around (like mobile phones becoming more like comm-badges for example).

Anything that has remotely to do with this will do, it just needs to reference to Star Trek in some way.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, in my day we had to do our own homework. You kids don't know you're born. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here's my Treknology page, for one. But in this case you'll have to write up the real life technology correlations yourself.

http://www.trekmania.net/science/treknology.htm

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a page about possible travel via wormholes and warp drive.

http://www.lerc.nasa.gov/WWW/PAO/html/warp/ideachev.htm

IP: Logged
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is also the book "the Physics of Star Trek"
by Lawrence M Krauss. I'm not sure if kids these days use books for their reports, I know mine doesn't.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Books? What are books? Are they good?
IP: Logged
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a page i found
http://www.nabiscoworld.com/CheeseNips/Default.htm? it should clear up some questions about current producers knowledge of science

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www/zyvex.com/nano

deals with nanotech.

www.stellar.demon.co.uk

deals with robots

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps