Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New Phaser for Vogon's site (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Phaser for Vogon's site
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...sorry, about the so-so quality scan...but the printing wasn't super dooper in the first place...

http://www.alanfore.com/Artwork/Phaser.jpg

You'll notice a couple of points that I've highlighted. The "head" is clearly a piece from a TNG phaser rifle. But there's some kind of pistol style grip. There's also a little nub or button or something by his thumb.

I originally said this pic was from "Nor the Battle...." but when I looked at the caption again, it doesn't give an episode. I suppose it could be one of the Mirror Universe eps, judging from the look on his face. But, wait...there is no Mirror Jake...so that's out. So I have no idea what ep it's from...anyone recognize his outfit?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha, I see the confusion. . . it it s Type-III phaser rifle, he's just hugging the head like the little wuss he is. Aw, woodja woodja woo, did the howwid big Kwingons make big noises and scare wittle Jakey-wakey? Did he wun away and piss his panty-wanties? I think it is from "Nor the Battle to the Strong." But thanks anyway, Alan. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is from 'Nor the Battle..'.. and guess what.., it is a TNG phaser rifle too.. in the last scene when he has a phaser rifle and is shooting it one handed blindly at the cieling. The picture here has a bit of optical illusion because his arm is hiding the stock of the gun, and i believe the second handle is resting on his knee

]you post same time as me!? you are on the way to destruction! you have no chance to survive.. make your time!]

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found out what that button is. Look at this image:

http://www.leenet.demon.co.uk/phaser/2360/tngtp3.jpg

There's no nubbin! However, this image:

http://www.leenet.demon.co.uk/phaser/2360/ds9tp3g.jpg

. . . shows it's a connection for the sling. 8)

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..although the phaser you think you saw is similar to a phaser i designed for an alternate universe story i was doing a few years ago.. it was a variant of the phaser rifle head, a pistol version with a single handle mounted directly beneath the joint of the emitter head and the bodypiece, and a 'phaser uzi' that lacked the long stock but eventually evolved to have two handles attached to the forward half of the phaser rifle..

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sigh...well ok... That's not as fun as I had hoped, but at least it clears up the mystery [Smile] I've been wondering about that for years.

And your description of Jake vs. the Klingons brought a little tear to my eye :0)

At least he's better than Wesley...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good god, the Klingons would kill themselves the instant Wesley opened his annoying little mouth.

A thing about the Type-3 phaser rifles: is the firing stud really located on the forward grip? Logically, you'd have the dominant hand operating the trigger, but that would not be the case if the trigger was located on the forward grip.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

capped
Member # 709

check to see which handle jake was using when he was firing one handed... or the close-up of Geordi firing it in 'The Mind's Eye'.. (keeping in mind that, like so much tech on Trek, it could be "user-configurable" i.e. you fire by hitting whatever damn place on the thing you want to..)

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Can't be sure, but I think I recall someone holding one pistol-style by the rear grip, which wouldn't be much use if he had to fire it, if the firing stud was on the forward grip. . .

--------------------

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand this reserved anger over Wes... I happened to like him.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Lee
Member # 393

*phasers J* THAT'S for trying to hijack a thread on Trek hand weapons with talk of The Boy!

--------------------

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL.... sorry

I didn't mean to do anything, I was just commenting on the comment. I really don't understand why people are still complain about when he pretty much left the show in the early nineties. Oh well... sorry again.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well J, when Wesley was on the Enterprise he always somehow saves the ship...or gets it into trouble...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

J
Member # 608

I'll not argue that he did have a disproportionate amount of times when he either wrecked the day, or saved the day... or even both. But I'd argue against every time... doesn't EAS have the statistics on that

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _

[email protected]

capped
Member # 709

all this couldve been avoided if he'd had a strong father figure..
"Wes, put away the damn nanites!.. not later when youre ready to sleep! do it now!"

"Wes, get your ass out of engineering with the repulsor beam emitter right now or i'll tan your damn hide! what did i tell you about playing with the captain's voice!"

"Wesley, you look like a frickin twerp in that sweater!"

"Wesley, you make time run normal right this second.. and who the fuck said you could create a static warp bubble in the living room, goddamnit!"

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps