Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ok, how did they disable the Ent-D this time?

Author Topic: Ok, how did they disable the Ent-D this time?
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched that episode last night about the Ent-D stumbling upon a shuttle crash victim who is evolving into some energy life state and his goverment is trying to hunt him and others like him down [only watched the end so I can't say what they're called or the name of the episode in question].

Anyway, when the Ent-D meets up with ship from his goverment [who demands he be return for execution] and refuses, the alien ship quickly nuetralize the Ent by some weapon...that seem to suffocate everyone on board.

I don't know why this weapon is never heard from again...becuase it seems scarier than any weapon developed during the Dominion Wars.
How does it work?

It was like Darth Vader choking the Emperial officer with a wave of the hand all over again.LOL [Big Grin]
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" [Razz]

[ January 26, 2002, 16:42: Message edited by: TheF0rce ]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The device simply removed effects of the the nasal numbing agent everyone on the bridge was using, and they all ended up choking on Data's "new car" smell.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol...

This episode was called 'Transfigurations', and the race in question were called the Zalkonians. How the weapon works? who knows. It was just another annoying example of how the mighty Federation was undone by some previously unknown 'fringe race'. We never heard from them again.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stupid Fringe races. Data should have punched a full barrage of photon torpedoes into their face the moment everyone started choking. Let's see how those aliens feel choking on some hard vaccume.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I thought the episode was a good one. We�ve all seen superbeings on the shows, Q for one. This episode showed a race on the brink of another level of existence. One could assume that it was in fact an old race and also a techologically advanced one. One could also assume that the reason we never heard of them again was that they evolved to something not concerned with this material universe. Hence the "loss" of the superweapon.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it was a 'superweapon' because they were a race of beings on the brink of evolving into another plane of existance... another example of their superior tech was how quickly the ship caught up to the Enterprise - warp 9.9 something... and that seemed to be only some sort of patrol ship.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps