Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Dedication Plaque from "Mr. Scott's Guide"

Author Topic: Dedication Plaque from "Mr. Scott's Guide"
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have "Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise"? Can you scan the dedication plaque from that book for me? IIRC, it was a bit different from the one shown in the Encyclopedia.

Thanks,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dedication plaque shown in the Ent-A section of Mr. Scott's guide actually looks more like the original Enterprise plaque from TOS. It is in the same format and reads:

-----------------------------------------
USS Enterprise

Starship Class
San Francisco, Calif.
United Federation
of Planets

"...to boldly go
where no man has gone before."
-from the Starfleet charter
-------------------------------------------

Odd that it's different from the actual plaque considering the fact that Shane Johnson had much of Paramount's folks to help him out. He says he visited the ST IV soundstages, so the Ent-A bridge in ST IV could have had the plaque shown in his book. Later, for V or VI, when the bridge was revamped, the plaque could have been replaced with the one seen in the Encyclopedia. Anyone know the details?

[ February 02, 2002, 19:37: Message edited by: Ace ]

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes that's correct. Okuda notes it in the first edition of the Encyclopedia, but the note seems to have been left out of the later editions. The plaque from the Guide is the one that was on the bridge in STIV, and it was replaced with the one from the Encyclopedia in STV.

No scan?? [Frown]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure you really want a scan? It really isn't that special, and I've formatted the text to the exact number of words per line as the plaque...just seems like a lot of pointless work to scan in an illegitimate plaque anyway. [Razz]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd certainly like to see it, for completeness sake.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Yes, please. I'd like to add it to my shiplist.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting. I thought it was a fake. I'll scann it when I get my book back.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go. Not much to it, really:

Dedication Plaque

[ February 03, 2002, 17:40: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "starship class" line strikes me as strange. By this point, I thought they'd dropped that silly nonsense and settled pretty much firmly on "Constitution class" (or, at a push, "Enterprise class")?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
The "starship class" line strikes me as strange. By this point, I thought they'd dropped that silly nonsense and settled pretty much firmly on "Constitution class" (or, at a push, "Enterprise class")?

Well, there's a little something the French call an homage... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there is something in English called bollocks [Razz]

[ February 04, 2002, 10:25: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps