Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Suggested caption for U.S.S. Cairo? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Suggested caption for U.S.S. Cairo?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, considering that FC put the first Terran warp ship's launch in Montana, I'd guess either Billings or Bozeman could easily have been the exact location. Maybe one is the site of the launch, and the other is Cochrane's hometown, or something.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should also point out that, back in the day, 'Enterprise' was seen as a dumb ship name. Its built its own reputation.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Well, considering that FC put the first Terran warp ship's launch in Montana, I'd guess either Billings or Bozeman could easily have been the exact location. Maybe one is the site of the launch, and the other is Cochrane's hometown, or something.

The town was Resurrection, Montana. The namesake for the movie. But since Alien 4 (named 'Resurrection') aired some months earlier, the producers changed the title. But I'd assume the name of the town stays the same. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting... There really is a Resurrection, MT. And it is in "central" Montana, which is where Encyclopedia claims the Phoenix was built (I forget what was actually said in the movie).

But even if that's true, one of the 'B' cities could still be Cochrane's hometown. Maybe the other is Sloane's hometown, or something.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I highly doubt Starfleet would name a ship for Sloan's hometown...

...espcially when they didn't even know he existed... [Roll Eyes]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*slaps Mim around for a bit with a large trout*

Lily Sloane, duh. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lily Sloane...you know, Picard's love interest or friend (depends on how you look at it)...played by Alfre Woodard.

Damn. Sniped by Topher. (been on ebay too long).

[ February 22, 2002, 17:56: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry...I'm certifiable, remember??? [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps