Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Soyuz-class studio model

Author Topic: Soyuz-class studio model
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of model was the Soyuz-class USS Bozeman? I've read literature that suggests that the Soyuz-class was a reuse of the oft-used Reliant model since they didnt have time to build a new model, with extra parts attached, but now I'm wondering where the parts came from if it was actually that large model (I'm assuming the Reliant, like the E-refit, was a longer model since it was involved in film rather than television). Because, looking at the latestfact files/st:mag schematic, it seems that the modifications wer made using some type of TOS bridge on the top and bottom bridge domes (since the E-re has a more angular bridge structure). So where did these large scale TOS bridges come from? Possibly the Phase II Enterprises? or they a) came from a huge model kit (though i doubt there are TOS enterprises to scale with the assumed-by-me-to-be-large Miranda model or b)they came from a standard TOS model kit, and the Miranda model is smaller than i think it is or c)the miranda model they used might not be the large scale miranda, but another model kit. I know that before my time here, this was probably discussed, but how much do we really know about this model?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats not a fact file or ST mag diagram.
It's a FF image that has been retouched by myself and then again, even more so by Bernd.
The FF image was just a normal Miranda with the top & bottom sensor pods attached.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, the Bozeman was to be of TOS design, however lack of available time dictated that the ship could not be fully designed that way and a new full scale model built (nor even a study model that was a kitbashed plastic Connie model as it needed to be seen up close). They decided to take the Miranda studio model and make a few adjustments to it. The bridge most likely did come from, the phase II model or at least new molds were made of it. The sensor spikes and rear extensions were newly made as there was sufficient time to make those.

What puzzles me the most was that since the impulse engines were covered up by the rear extensions, and no new impulse engines/grills were made with the extensions, where are they on the Bozeman?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I think there is a pair of impulse engine nozzles right below the doors of the added center shuttlebay - either a modified Constitution assembly or a relocated original Miranda one. Whether it was lit in the episode, I don't know. But it can be seen in the aft-quarter images of the model, for example in the Encyclopedia.

Timo Saloniemi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps