Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Princeton (again) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Princeton (again)
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish it was a 1:1 with the original. I'm using a mix and match process here. A 1/1400 ent-c secondary hull, a 1/2500 ent-d saucer with a 1/1400 ent-c bridge and the pahsers re-arranged. It's just my approximation, so I wouldn't consider it accurate. And some how I came up with slightly shorter nacelles than the 1/1400 ent-d. I'd have to go through my notes again to see how I came to that conclusion though. But I can always get full sized ones if you guys think that's more accurate. They aren't attached yet.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm fairly sure that the secondary hull and nacelles should be to the same scale...it's just that the Fact Files made them look oversized. At least, from the studio model it certainly looks like they could be regular Galaxy-sized, and it's more likely Jein used those than some custom-resized ones.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, but I'm just working with what I have. When I get it done, you can tell me what you think.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, sorry. I just thought you were asking whether you should use one scale nacelles or another. I just mean that if your Ambassador hull is 1/1400, than the nacelles should be 1/1400 as well...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ March 05, 2002, 15:29: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Mim, why don't you just -- oh, I don't know -- update you f'in profile?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

If you're talking about the e-mail thing, the deal is that you can't use hotmail or other freemail servers for your account. Board policy.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.
Unless CC changed his tune and I didn't know about it... [Confused]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might be a little behind reguards this princeton issue, but did anyone notice that it had Arboretum windows? Does that point to a Neb/Gal connection as to what was the original part used for the saucer?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I might be a little behind reguards this princeton issue, but did anyone notice that it had Arboretum windows? Does that point to a Neb/Gal connection as to what was the original part used for the saucer?

I noticed it yesterday during my depressive phase, but it could be anything. But I don't think there's a reson not to assume those are arboretum windows. Anyway, the Ambassador-phasers and the not-round-not-yet-really-elliptical saucer and the Galaxy-arboretum and Ambassador-bridge and Galaxy-nacelles and Ambassador-hull could point out that Jein wanted to create a ship being the unknown step between Galaxy- and Ambassador-class.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone contacted Jein-y... get him over here!! ;o)

Let's get a few more 'involved' people here too... Matt Jefferies would be a coup! ;o)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps