Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Mojo needs some video tapes!

Author Topic: Mojo needs some video tapes!
Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, I'm looking for good quality tapes of the Voyager episodes "Year of Hell pt 2" and "Endgame."

These tapes have not been released commercially in the US, so all I have access to are crummy off the air recordings.

Basically, I need a few scenes digitized so I can edit them into a digital video project.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Mojo

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best option I can come up with is to order a British tape over the net and then find some A/V hotshot near you with oodles of their own high-grade equipment (namely a PAL-compatible VCR) and the ability to either do a top-grade transfer over to NTSC and from there digitize, or directly digitize from PAL.

That said, I'm a little curious why you don't speeddial Ronald B. Moore or some other VFXy acquaintance, Mojo. I'm sure Paramount keeps an internal-use high-grade video stash that you could borrow. There've gotta be some perks open to you, right? [Smile]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mojo:
Hey guys, I'm looking for good quality tapes of the Voyager episodes "Year of Hell pt 2" and "Endgame."

Another option might be to have a geek friend with an uber-connection to the internet download, either from Morpheus or IRC, one of the highest quality .mpg or .avi files he can find of the episodes.

Enterprise, not being available in my area, is something I've been acquiring this way, and, with patience, I can get the episodes in higher quality than I could hope for on my TV. I also first saw both the episodes you want in that way (Voyager wasn't shown here after season two).

Just a thought.

G2k

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps