Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nova-class starship

Author Topic: Nova-class starship
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soon on Voyager we'll see a completely new starship, Nova-class USS Equinox. And so if anyone gets good screenshots of this ship along with registry and other information could you email it to me?

Hobbes

------------------
"If you prick me, do I not...leak" - Data.

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that not the one with six 13' decks and two 16' decks, or something like that?

Boris

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I think so. I guess it is the mysterious 8-deck ship Rick Sternbach was talking of several weeks ago.

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found it:

Rick Sternbach:

"I'm doing a little ship for the season final that will have 8 decks; six of them are 13' center-to-center (and allowing 1.5-2' for structures), and two of them are 16'."

(startrek.expertforum.ricksternbach, March 10, 1999).

Boris

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the Galaxy Class supposed to precede the Nova Class. Shouldn't it be larger than the Galaxy

------------------
Homeboy in Outerspace
(The only surviving fan of UPN's Homeboyz in Outer Space)

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not cannon though, so ths will probably just kick the TNG Technical Manual's final few pages out the door.

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm already using it for a doorstop - it's all it's good for now - so that won't be too difficult. 8)
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have renamed my Nova class design to Neptune class because of the (supposedly) canon Nova class ship:

http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/my_ships/neptune.htm

First One: You'd better use Garak's cannon for a doorstop

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe. Typo.

------------------
Garak: "I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences." (DS9: "Cardassians")

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even whhen the TNG discussed a hypothetical "Nova Class," no mention was made of its potential size. Just because a ship class is built after or to replace another ship class is no indication that it will be larger. The Intrepid Class came after the Galaxy too, after all.

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

The TNGTM mentioned something like "10% less internal volume". Anyway, the Nova class was in a preliminary project stage at the time of the TNGTM, and maybe some other construction team just "stole" the name and made it official for their design.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps