Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » What's the name of the Nebula in Sisko's office?

Author Topic: What's the name of the Nebula in Sisko's office?
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the model is the second Melbourne built by Miarecki for BoBW and later used in 'Future Imperfect' in Riker's room, just modified with some triangular pod to resemble the standard-Nebula from the show, it could have been equipped with another name. They even relabeled the space shuttle docked at the ISS with the name 'Enterprise'. On the other hand, if it is the old Melbourne-model, it could still be the starship Melbourne. Does anyone know what's the name of the ship?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul Robeson. No? How about Frank Belson? Don't like that? Robert Urich? How about Kunta Kinte?

Remember when Sisko was supposed to collect African artifacts & stuff for, like, 2 episodes?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, in other words, who gives a shit? Christ, why look elsewhere for examples of extreme fanboy behaviour when we have this kind of bollocks creeping in under the radar?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, what a grouch!
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The simpler answer is 'nobody knows' and im standing by the old 'maybe they didnt label it'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering that the Yes-It's-Obviously-The-Stargazer-And-If-You-Think-Otherwise-Then-You-Fancy-Your-Mum model in Picard's ready room was lablled NCC-7100 for 7 years, I don't hold out any hope that they bothered with a model we saw for roughly 4 minutes.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's probably the Melbourne. It makes sense for him to have another ship from Wolf 359 along with the Saratoga.

BTW, why does everyone get all snippety when someone asks something obscure? Obviously, I know that nobody here knows the answer, and there might not even be an answer, but there's no harm in asking. Don't chew him out.

It's the same thing with when I suggested we find out what the "Centaur" was originally called. There are some of us who care about this stuff, as strange as it seems...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ April 25, 2002, 08:03: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

Thanks, Mim, exactly what I think. We can't discuss the operations at Utopia Planitia in one thread but as soon as someone tells us 'that one Sabre was the 'USS Pile of Shit'' we say 'oh, ignore it. I never heard that, and neither did anyone else.'. If we do it, we have to do it right. It would be interesting to figure out what's the original name of the Centaur, where the Yeager-class designation from DS9 originated or what was written on this ship or other small things like that. I remember there was a time when everyone wanted to figure out which ships were present at Wolf 359. Some dudes even started web-projects and reference sites and such things. And talkied to people who might know. This one may be unimportant compared to those things, but nontheless, it's part of the reason we are here. Don't you think?

OK, back to the topic; so no one ever found out what's the name of the ship? My guess would be Melbourne, too, even if the ship itself was not labeled, there was this small dedication at the base of it, saying 'USS Melbourne NCC-62043'. Can't see if it's still there, but it could be.
Continuing this, if this is the starship Melbourne, we'd get some interesting new aspects of that ship. Seeing it with the modifications and a standard dish, the whole 'Melbourne=prototype'-theory could be a misinterpretation.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps