Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ What the Vox?! ["Vox Sola" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ What the Vox?! ["Vox Sola" Spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I just did an episode count, and it turns out that Enterprise already holds the record. The first season of DS9 was only 19 epsiodes long, counting "Emissary" as one story. Counting "Broken Bow" as one story, "Vox Sola" is the 21st episode out of 25 this season. We have a winner!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised no one pointed out the blooper at the end.

When Archer and Trip fall out of the goo, they have their uniforms on. When they walked into the cargo bay, they were still wearing their casual clothes (Archer in tan, Trip in red) from when they were watching Water Polo.

So somehow the creature gave them uniforms...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did not.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen screencaps... it looks pretty obvious to me that under all that slime they were in the same civvies as before.

IMHO the writers have been keeping the shot/mangled/injured redshirts from dying thus far simply to keep the option open of making a decent plot point out of the first real casualty on the mission and how our deep-space first-timers react. Spoilers seem to indicate there's some serious carnage in the finale.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodness, if they killed someone, they'd have to go back to Earth for replacement. Can you imagine the effect that would have on the story?

Phase cannon on the shuttle, now "phase" rifles. *shakes head* Just call them bloody phasers and get it over with already.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except, of course, that they very obviously aren't phasers, and this episode was really the first (and only one) to point out a difference. Namely, that your average phaser can be used to put out any kind of radiation under the sun, while the phase pistols are apparently only good for killing and/or knocking things out. Er, or cutting through them. So, uh, general breaking of things. Yeah.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps