Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Officers' Lounge.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Slightly off topic, but cool . . .

Author Topic: Slightly off topic, but cool . . .
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

http://www.techreview.com/articles/wo_heltzel071901.asp

Okay, cool . . . an airship that is as long as an old Zeppelin is cool enough, but then you have to take into account the fact that this thing is almost as long as Kirk's Enterprise.

The main thing that got my attention, though, were the bigass clamshell doors on the hangar. I was having a What'zis Name'oh moment, reminded of the shuttlebay doors of the Enterprise.

Then I found the size of this thing . . . the hangar is something like 350 meters long. It could, quite possibly, *hold* Kirk's Enterprise. You could at least throw a Defiant in there.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or some more - depending on the "real" size! [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes] [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Off-topic indeed...

*move*

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps