Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ The most Tech-Heavy Episode Yet! ["Fallen Hero" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ The most Tech-Heavy Episode Yet! ["Fallen Hero" Spoilers]
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are not the same. I'll make a lil' comparison for the skeptics [Wink] .

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here:

http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/combatcruiservssurak.jpg

Not a lot of difference, but certainly not a simple rescale.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked V'Lar muchly & would enjoy seeing her again. When she went to help Hoshi with the comm message, that made me smile--I like useful ambassadors as opposed to tools like Robert Fox.

Oh, yeah. Fionnula Flanagan is STILL hot.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK -

So now can we dream up some reason for the "ring nacelle" thing? Some logical reason I suppose.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever reason people dreamed up back in 1979 ought to fly, no?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looks like some details on the CGI have been "refined", but they are essentially the same. Especially the decks visible in the forward section have identical window arrangements. on both ships.

Harry: Is this a scan?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it me, or I'm wondering how on Earth this Enterprise managed not to blow up into billions of pieces since they really haven't tried going to Warp 5 before. That and how does the ship stay looking like Voyager after a Borg attack. Well, it is now May sweeps... perhaps Hoshi should have ended up bunking with Ensign Chesty St. Clair and Lt. Busty LaRue. There's nothing like showing skin and a pillowfight to boost ratings.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call me hopelessly na�ve in my lax attitudes towards prosecuting the Enterprise Art Department like some twisted Law & Order guest star, Bernd, but I think you're going a bit out on a limb there. I see enough differences between the two ships for me to say it's equally or more likely to be a fresh CGI model than not.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So now can we dream up some reason for the 'ring nacelle' thing?"

Because that's what the T'Pau had in "Unification".

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

The left picture is a scan from the "Next issue" part of the Magazine. The right pic is one of the screenshot posted on page 2 or something of this thread.

--------------------

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not saying that there are no differences. It's just that the first thing I would have changed to suggest it is a new ship of a larger size would have been the windows, and not some obscure parts of the engineering section.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Windows are illogical. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

quote:
Windows are illogical.
Don't you mean "Windows is illogical"? [Confused]

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps