Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Whither the Fredrickson? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Whither the Fredrickson?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. The archivist was sorta walking by the model, and just sorta glanced at it and called it "the Fredrickson, originally labelled Excelsior from an episode of Voyager" or words to that effect.

I'm sure the model is normally crated and was taken out just for the interview, so the odds are it's NCC-42111 as we've assumed.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall reading from somewhere that Penny Juday ran the archives. If that's her, then I think we can assume exactly why that particular model was shown... [Smile]

[ May 12, 2002, 13:35: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The archivist is indeed Penny. What's the story here? And why hasn't she absconded with all this stuff, to become a black market memorabilia millionairess?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to an interview with Ms. Juday I read a while back, plus the listening device I've planted in her fruitbowl at home, she was hooked up with Trek scenic artist Anthony Fredrickson by the Okudas. They're presently married.

The good ship Frederickson is named after you-know-who. Not to be outdone, Anthony (or possibly someone else in the Voyager Art Department) apparently snuck "Juday" onto a paper diagram of the Maquis raider that some people allege is readable in a Voyager episode.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that a Constitution Class saucer section was used as the debris field from a Galaxy Class starship. Perhpas they used that instead in the DS9 episode "The Sound of Her Voice" since there seems to be a Constitution Class refit nacelle in the crash area.

Can anyone make a DVD pic of the Fredrickson in the crate?

[ May 12, 2002, 15:05: Message edited by: Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge ]

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me the Odyssey's wrecked saucer looked Galaxy to me, perhaps a plastic model? And the Lantree, I think it's just a coincidence that it appears to use letters from "Reliant". I think the script (that was obviously written first) called for a ship named Lantree, but give no specific model to use since it was only identified by dialog as a "Class whatever Supply Ship". The people just picked up the Reliant model and used it. It could have easily been the Grissom model or the Stargazer model or the Excelsior model or the refit Enterprise model if they chose fit.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps