Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Actual sizes

Author Topic: Actual sizes
The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, on the Enterprise D you get the impression that it is so large. Fitting about 1000 people with suite-echoing rooms. But when you really estimate it, it really isn't that big. Theres a hotl nearby that is about 130 meters wide and 650 meters high and it fits about 300 people, with the rooms eqivilate of the Enrerise D, minus the obervations ports,lounges ect. Where am I going? I figure the Enterprise D is at least triple that size. Because 1800 meters seems about right. What do you think about this??
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And how long is it, hmmm?

Personally, I'd like to know what you're smoking.

quote:
650 meters high
So it was roughly 1900 feet tall, huh? That's pretty tall.

The World Trade Center Towers (yes, the ones that collapsed) were barely 1300 feet tall. But there's a hotel near you -- in North Carolina -- that was 600 feet taller? Especially since the largest building in the Carolinas is the Bank of America in Charlotte (and it's only 871 feet).

I think you're lying. Or you don't know the difference between a "meter" and a "foot."

Check your facts before making these inane posts, please.

[ May 18, 2002, 08:31: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Defiant
Ex-Member

I was drunk. Sorry.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who the hell gets drunk at 8am? "Was" drunk ... meaning you're not NOW? Forty minutes later?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Well, I wrote it about 10 pm, then passed out, I woke up about 8 am saw it and hit post without reading. Where's the damn Advil?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you. You're a hero, and we all want you to post more often, Ace.

"I figure the Enterprise D is at least triple that size. Because 1800 meters seems about right."

Look in your little pocket, see if there's any money left over from buying moonshine in a paper bag at 8 AM in your little North Carolinaville, and Please Buy The Fucking Manual Before You Ask Any Other Useless Questions That Are Useless.

Also, who makes ups terrible exaggeration when they're intoxicated?

Once again, you're a hero. Keep it up, champ.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, giving him hell.....
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Idiot... *lock*

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps