Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » wolf 359 research project. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: wolf 359 research project.
iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i waas thinking.........the various sites all have blurry screencaps of the graveyard scene. my point is now that it is released on dvd couldnt clearer sharper screencaps be taken?just thinking this could make things a bit easier for you guys. the project is a great thing and i think that something similar should be attempted for the battle of sector 001.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt it'll get much clearer, since the source material was already blurry (at least to today's standards).

And as for the FC battle, that has already been done with the DVD version. Some Flarite even made an impressive attempt at identifying ALL ships and even tracking them during the battle.

And welcome to Flare, Mr. Two Extreme.

Perhaps you survive another day [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you know an address for the sector 001 project thing?

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is none.

[ June 14, 2002, 05:24: Message edited by: The BWC ]

IP: Logged
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, season 3 is released sometime this summer, and I guess we have to wait another 1-2 months until we see season 4 (Do they include 2 parts Clifhanger/opener or one movie?)

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 001 battle analysis: http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001591

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of Both Worlds II will be out on DVD September the Third. Shame on you all for not marking your calendars... [Wink]

Indeed, and I haven't seen this reported this anywhere else, that set comes with a making-of featurette described as follows:
quote:
New Life and New Civilizations (an inside look at creating alien landscapes and shooting on location; also explains the challenges of shooting the effects-packed episode "The Best of Both Worlds")
While I wouldn't expect a five minute-long sweeping pan of each graveyard model accompanied by Okuda commentary explaining how they changed glue brands halfway through building the Springfield and as a result one nacelle is looser than the other, it could be rather interesting.

[ June 14, 2002, 14:14: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
Indeed, and I haven't seen this reported this anywhere else, that set comes with a making-of featurette described as follows:
quote:
New Life and New Civilizations (an inside look at creating alien landscapes and shooting on location; also explains the challenges of shooting the effects-packed episode "The Best of Both Worlds")
While I wouldn't expect a five minute-long sweeping pan of each graveyard model accompanied by Okuda commentary explaining how they changed glue brands halfway through building the Springfield and as a result one nacelle is looser than the other, it could be rather interesting.
Stop making those sick jokes! [Eek!]

I don't even have a DVD-player. [Frown]

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, I don't even have the money to afford the box sets. I do have a dvd player, even though it's actually my brother's and is used by the family.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a DVD player (and perhaps the money) but i'm i wouldnt spend it on those box sets until it becomes extremely cheap in maybe a few years lol.

on a relvant note - i was born on September 3rd.

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I don't have a DVD player either. Don't really need one. Maybe when the VCR-equivalents go down in price I'll get one. And when we get a surround sound stereo in here...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think high-end VCRs and low-end DVD players are already matched in price. Or are you refering to recordable DVDs?
Amasov Prime
Member # 742

I think as long as there are enough people out there who can do DVD-screencaps, we don't need one. [Smile]

(Allthough I'd like to have one, just to watch good-quality Trek. Some of my tapes are up to ten years old.)

--------------------

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have that Philip DVD-RW player - well its my dad's but thats pretty cool hehe.
altho i dont think it's full use has been utilised as we still record a lot of stuff on VHS tapes.

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn dirty double posts

[ June 18, 2002, 23:36: Message edited by: Proteus ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps