Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starship Info? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Starship Info?
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello.

This is my fist post here and I would like to have any Info on these subjects.

Fasa Resisty's ...
Jackill's Registys...
Canon Registy's...
Ship Model Registy's... (Actuacaly apperance or somewere along those line in shows of Star Trek.)

Im looking for scanned pictures, Text Files, Mag inserts anything.

Im working on a Starship Registy page for Canon Ships to Fandom (published Numbers and names)

I Have a personal Collection of numbers I have found in books and such since i was 9 and will include these in my Web page or whatever I do.

Any Diagrams of ships anything about Trek Ship im intrested in. Okudagrams anything.

My list is From Ncc-01 (NX-01 also) - to about 80000. This i hope will be the best source for the Ship list for people. Im making Ship Diagrams also that will be include im my we page. Any High Quality Pictures Please Show me them.

Any Useful Web Pages that i can use.

Thanks for any info on this matter and hope to become a useful person around here.

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm... ther are already a couple of sites out there that already do this. I don't have the adresses handy on me right now. But I am willing to bet at least someone here does.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stick to canon.

Non canon is a bunch of ubercrap that is undechpherable. USS Idomitable, pictures that look like a checkerboard, registries in he 100,000's.
Leave it alone.

Stick to Canon

IP: Logged
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh trust me i will leave the stupid Design's out like the Kia Tam or how ever it is spelled. Im just going for ships that i think Starfleet would actuacly make. Like i said i wont incluse Internet Fandom Ships. Some of FASA's i will include. NONE of the RPG TNG ships (none that i know of anyways). It will have the Canon Ships Highlighted. But what do you guys conside Canon? Encylpida Numbers? Any one have a Compleate List of canon Ships

BTW also looking for DY's and Vessel's of that sort. No Alien ships yet though. thats later for the project. Any Federation, USAP (hope thats right) ships at the moment. Thanks

(Edited)

Will make a Just Canon List also.

[ June 25, 2002, 17:09: Message edited by: Akira62497 ]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

BWC
Ex-Member

Good. Non Canon ubercrap is what I am working on.

I would recommend
Bernd's
Cpt. Kyle's
and DITL, which I can't remember off my head.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my latest-version shiplist. It's pretty basic, but it's extensive. You may have to cut and paste the URL.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/monkeyofmim/MMoM_Starship_List.htm

I've used the widely (though not universally) accepted definition of canon that includes:

1. All shows and films. (I include The Animated Series, though many do not.)
2. The Okuda Encyclopedia.
3. The two Okuda/Sternbach Technical Manuals. (TNG and DS9)
4. The Fact Files and ST: The Magazine.
5. The Starship Spotter (This one is questionable, but fortuantely all it mentions are prototypes we already knew existed...)
6. Any info we might come by from "official" sources such as interviews or e-mail correspondence with people like Okuda, Sternbach, "Mojo" Lebowitz, etc. This is marked in green.

I also have included select bits from Franz Joseph's Star Fleet Technical Manual, because several ships from TMP had their info taken directly from this book. The info not mentioned in the film is marked in lavender. Red text are ships that have no specific source, but we may assume to exist due to the fact that there are classes named after them.

Enjoy!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.,
If you couldn't get to the page even with cutting and pasting, go here and follow the link.

-MM

[ June 25, 2002, 17:56: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Akira
Member # 850

Thanks for your Reply :-)

I will be at your site for a while i guess hehe.

Does anyone know where this came from? Excelsior Varient (its not online at the moment)

I also Include TAS

Do you guys think the Enterprise is the first Starship under the Federation or a first of a prototype class? what i am saying do you think there is a NX-01 and a NCC-01 or not

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That particular ship was made up by Captain Kyle, but it was partially based on one of the ships from the DS9 Technical Manual. Look here for a detailed look at all of those ships.

The NX-01 is the first NX-class starship. It is not the first Starfleet ship, nor is it (most likely) the first ship used under the Federation. Obviously, the registry scheme was changed at some point before we get to the pre-TOS and beyond. (Considering the Bonaventure, it would seem it was changed more than once. [Wink] )

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

BWC
Ex-Member

It is not that it is not avalible, but many free hosts such as Brinkster, Geoshitties, and Anglefire do not support file linking, i.e., linking to a picture. Host.sk is the only I know of that does. Yeah, I know, we all hate that, but we don't want to pay for a sub-EAS site. [Smile]

[ June 25, 2002, 18:47: Message edited by: BWC ]

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also tried to make a canon ship list (check my signature).
My definition of canon only includes the movies and shows. In cases I couldn't find onscreen-evidence the information is bold.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the responses that aren't here that are curious. Good job not being vicious instant attack dogs! I think. But...
quote:
leave the stupid Design's out like the Kia Tam
Well, fair enough. But what about the sporty little Rio, or for families on the go, the zippy but sensible Rio Cinco?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine owns a Kia Rio. Peppy little car. [Smile]

Here's my master ship list. There might be some newer stuff missing. Ask for sources and I will slaughter you.

WARNING: This HTML file is 2.49 MB. It could probably be smaller, but it's a converted XLS document and I can't figure out why there's a lot of extra space to the right of the file. *shrug*

On second look, there appears to be some text issues in there. If you want the XLS file, let me know.

[ June 26, 2002, 09:25: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Ask for sources and I will slaughter you.

because that would be totally out of line, right?

Once I install some database software I'm going to start the fully sourced, canon/non-canon separable master all inclusive shiplist over.

I need some free time, so Im going to see if they allow laptops in mental institutions, that way i can do it at a relaxed pace without having interruptions like work or school

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All-inclusive will drive you insane. Er.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Akira
Member # 850

Hate to ask this but could any of you tell me what sources the ships are from or general. Or just the classes are from what book. Like the Akira Class what are thses ships from i aonly have like 4 on my list but was wondering were these came from.

quote:
"Ask for sources and I will slaughter you."
Please dont

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps