Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starship Corrections? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Starship Corrections?
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome one and all to Thread #947 of "I Feel Like a Bad Ass Because I Make Fun of Newbies So That No One Will Know That I Secretly Masturbate to the Teletubbies!" [Roll Eyes]

Since I don't recognize some of those ships, I'm guessing that they came from novels, comics, and magazines. The registries from those sources aren't wrong as far as the source's author(s) are concerned. However, as far as official Star Trek canon is concerned, they are not to be considered "accurate" until they appear in some form in a Trek series or movie. Basically, if it came from the screen, then we can all agree on it. If not, they we cannot. Keep in mind that this is the watered-down Readers' Digest version of The Way Things Be.

Now, we know that the starships Sovereign, Intrepid, Sabre, Norway, Apollo, Andromeda, New Orleans, Sarek, and Nebula exist because they are class ships. Having a class of that name generally means that the prototype was named for the class. While the names can be considered canon and official, the registries for them are not (at least at this point since it's never been addressed or resolved on-screen). As an example, I've seen three different but popular registries for the Sovereign.

Some of the other ships you have listed here are canon since they appeared on-screen in some form. Hunting down registries for them will be easier. I don't think the Sitak or Cortez's registries were ever offered, but I do think that the Lakul, Drake, etc, did have their registries appear on a computer screen. Some good places to check would be the encyclopediae, Star Trek Ships Expanded, Ex Astris Scientia, and in the archives of this forum. Keep in mind that there are some minor disagreements (like the real registry of the Yamato, Prometheus, Farragut, etc).

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks For the Reply Siegfried
quote:
Welcome one and all to Thread #947 of "I Feel Like a Bad Ass Because I Make Fun of Newbies So That No One Will Know That I Secretly Masturbate to the Teletubbies!"
All i ask is to become a useful member of this board. Even with spelling errors. Hell i will try to improve them but everyone does not know how to spell every word. I sucked at english.

Now with the rest of the story
i found this site seems like it has most that i found over the years http://home.t-online.de/home/matthias.bieniek/schiffsregister.htm
Seems like i got the sovereign from the ds9 tech or something along those lines
intrepid from maybe the ds9 tech manual
USS Danube NX-72003 from the ds9 tech
USS Sarek NCC-72801 Galaxy Class maybe?
I cant remember the kitty hawk reg. in a book seems like it was a Miranda

Im not all offical CANON person just include the tech manuals and the published books with half way decent designs. Any novals, episodes, behind the scenes and such.

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You definitely did not get the Sovereign and Intrepid registries from the DS9TM. They aren't in there. No official numbers exist for those. There were some rumors that Sternbach came up w/ numbers (though I don't think anyone could prove he ever said them, and he doesn't recall them), but those aren't even the numbers you have.

[ June 27, 2002, 02:21: Message edited by: TSN ]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry about it, Akira. That first part of my post was directed to those posters who think it's "cool" to harrass new posters because they don't have master's degrees in English.

I think TSN's right about the Sovereign and the Intrepid. Supposedly, Sternbach is rumored to have suggested NCC-74222 and NCC-74600 for them, respectively. I don't know about the Sovereign registry, but he recently denied being the source of the Intrepid's supposed registry. The Danube, on the other hand, was in the DS9 Tech Manual and is NCC-72003.

Non-canon stuff is fun and can fill in the gaps that the writers of the canon stuff can't get to, but it sure does get confusing. Between the novels and the series, I think there are like three different starships named Intrepid running around.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I overlooked this thread as well. hmph.

BTW the best way to prove or disprove ships we have no reference for is to start researching the sources. I'd do lots of Google searches for the registries, see where they came from.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sternbach maintains NCC-74600 for the Intrepid. Why he didn't use in his ST:TM article, I don't know...

According to Alex Rosenzweig, Okuda "more or less okayed" NCC-75000 for the Sovereign, for use in the Starship Spotter, but the editors of that book said Alex couldn't use it.

And Siggie, the Danube is NX-72003, not NCC.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ June 27, 2002, 15:41: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Eh. Everything becomes NCC eventually. Unless you're the Defiant, that is. [Wink]
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's just the point. In light of the Defiant, we can't ever really be sure of when a ship gets bumped to NCC.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

That is true, but it's probably a moot point with regards to the USS Danube anyway. I mean, the odds aren't exactly in the runabout's favor of living long enough to get rid of its NX.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only reason the Defiant kept it's NX designation was because it continued to be a prototype platform... Starfleet continued to put new systems on the ship and try out different things, something that they don't exactly do with every ship in the fleet.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Sovereign Nx-77502

There is no canon number for the USS Sovereign

USS Intrepid NX-74201

There is no canon number for the USS Intrepid, but people lean towards NX-74600

USS Sarek NCC-72081/71866?

We've never had a registry number for the USS Sarek mentioned in "Favor The Bold"

USS Andromeda NX-68807

There is no canon registry number for the USS Andromeda

USS Apollo NX-11550

There is no canon registry number for the USS Apollo

USS Nebula NX-60122/60420

There is no canon registry number for the USS Nebula, although NX-60420 would be impossible due to the USS Honshu being NCC-60205.

USS Sitak NCC?

We haven't been given a canon registry number for the Sitak yet, so technically you're right

USS Whorfin NFT-1300?

There is a USS Whorfin NCC-1024, but if you are implying that your Whorfin is the first ship of the Whorfin class, then we don't know the registry for that one.

USS Robert Fox NFT-1327

Correct

USS Lakul NFT-7793

Correct

Uss new Orleans nx-52784

There is no canon registry number for the USS New Orleans

Uss tawein ncc-54115/26510 Springfield class

I have no clue what that word is...

Ss nenebek nar-6389

The SS Nenebek is NAR-2066

Ss yridian XLT-3069

The unnamed Yridian transport has a registry of YLT-3069, but I can tell you it is not "SS Yridian" (Yridians are a race).

USS?????? Ncc71325

Correct registry from the unnamed shuttle in "Caretaker".

SS Erewoh BDR-525

There is no canon registry for the SS Erewon

SS Santa Miria BDR-529

Correct (SS Santa Maria)

USS Cumberland NCC-7170

I've never heard of this ship or it's registry

USS?????? NCC-40273

No clue what ship this is supposed to be

USS Cortez

Um...yeah...no registry for it.

USS Antietam NCC-11372 Apollo class

This ship doesn't exist (canonically)

USS Albatawny NCC-23452 Ambassador

The USS Al-Batani NCC-42995 is an Excelsior class starship

USS Vanguard NCC-2548 Constellation

No such ship (canonically)

USS Nile NCC-72459

No such ship

USS Mississippi NCC-72455

No such ship

USS Amazon NCC-72456

No such ship

USS Alacrity NCC-1881 Miranda

No such ship

USS Yellowstone NX-74751

Correct

USS Norway Nx-62341

No canon registry for the USS Norway

?? Sanction Antares Class

I don't know about this one, I seem to remember a ship named Sanction but I know nothing about it.

USS Sarajevo NCC-38529

Correct

USS Titan NCC-742 Oberth

No such ship

USS Pegasus NCC-71801 Nebula Class

No such ship

USS Hotspur NCC-74659

No such ship

USS Polo Daro NCC-61914

No such ship

USS Kitty Hawk NCC-1770/1799/1865

No such ship

USS Harbinger NCC-63698 Akira Class
Stealth 63699 " "
USS Deathwatch 63701 " "

I believe these all came from Utopia Planitia. In other words, they all don't really exist.

USS Reliant 63241 Norway Class
USS Visigoth 70110 Norway

Again, from Utopia Planitia, don't really exist

USS Langley NCC-1915-B Leavenworth (also destroyed in Wolf 359 in some game)

Name rings a bell, but again, not canon

USS Hoagland NCC- Miranda

I think we covered this

USS Hiroshima Streamrunner

From the Encyclopedia II. No registry

USS Idaho NCC43261 Excelsior Class

I think this comes from Starfleet Academy?

USS Saber NX-60221

Again, no canon registry for the USS Saber

USS Gala NCC-40213 Excelsior

No clue

USS Airy Wave NCC-905

No clue

USS Destiny

No registry given for this ship

USS Lexington 61832(nebula class)

Correct

USS Honshu Nebula Class

USS Honshu NCC-60205

USS Musashi

No registry or class

USS Olympia

No registry or class

USS Sarek

No registry or class

USS Sentinel

No registry or class

USS Shenandoah (Danube)

USS Shenandoah NCC-73024

USS ShirKahr 31905 Miranda

Correct

USS Wyoming

No registry or class

USS Billings

No registry or class

USS Concord NCC-68711 Freedom

Correct

USS Drake NCC-70956 Andromeda

Correct

USS Okinawa NCC-13958 Excelsior

Correct

USS Tecumseh NCC-14934 Class Unknown

Correct, but Excelsior class

USS Rhode Island??????

USS Rhode Island NCC-72701, Nova Class

USS Righteous NCC-47451

From a computer game

USS Viking Norway

No clue

USS Endeavour Nebula

USS Endeavour NCC-71805

This is my Wolf 359 Ship List

Melbourne
Bellerophn
Yamaguchi
Bonestell Oberth NCC-31600
Saratoga
Kyushu
Tolstoy
Ahwahnee
Buran
Checkhov
Firebrand
Princeton
Liberator Nebula NCC-67016 (Liberator's class never given)
Gage
NCC-40273????? (Don't know a ship with that number)
USS Roosevelt NCC-2573 Excelsior
USS Righteous NCC-47451 (Not Canon, was not there)
USS Intrepid Excelsior NCC-38907 (Was not there)
Agamemnon NCC-11638 Apollo (Was not there)
Monitor Nebula 61826 (Was not there)
Langley (Not canon, was not there)
Southerland (Was not there)
USS Hoagland Miranda (Not canon, was not there)

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Wyoming

No registry or class
Edit by Dat: NCC-43730 Mediterranean class

Funny, i do have an NCC-40273 in my outdated ship list. I have it under Excelsior class.

[ June 28, 2002, 16:54: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Funny, i do have an NCC-40273 in my outdated ship list. I have it under Excelsior class.

this number i have had for upteen years i have no clue were it is from

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akira:
Say, you wouldn't happen to have class names for all of those ships, besides the ones we know, would ya? Or dare say... designs? Or, this is pushing it, would you let me design some of them?
BTW, most of what I do are kitbashes, and you can have a preview here. And I do histories and stuff( here and here ) so if you would like them PM me.

Oh yeah, check your PM's [Big Grin]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the USS Brickedge NCC-23645
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps