Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Where did the Kongo originate??? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where did the Kongo originate???
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only place I can recall seeing "Kongo" was on the decals for the AMT model of the TOS Enterprise.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, yes!

Someone also told me this on the TrekBBS. And remember, Whitfield was an employee of AMT at the time he wrote the book! So, the REALLY REALLY important question is: Did the model kit (the one that included decals for Kongo) come out before or after The Making of Star Trek was written?

Maybe Whitfield just based his list on the decal list. What other names were included? Specific registry numbers? Anything else?

Of course, if the kit wasn't produced until after the book, then they probably just used the book as a reference for the decals... [Frown]

Anyone know anyone who would know about this kind of thing? IDIC page and other model refernce sites seem to have nothing on this.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the "really, really important question" is, "What does it matter? And why all the anality about things?" Really, your OCD is beginning to terrify & irk me. Simmah.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's important because I want to know if Whitfield just made the f*cking thing up or if there's actually a source for the bloody thing...

[Roll Eyes]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps