Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Details on U.S.S. Nash...

Author Topic: Details on U.S.S. Nash...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again, I have the following appearances for the U.S.S. Nash (the upside-down Sydney on DS9):

“Playing God” [DS9]
“Accession” [DS9]
“Trials and Tribble-ations” [DS9]
“Chrysalis” [DS9]

I know that in T&T it brought Dulmer and Lucsly to the station, but what was it doing in the others?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think those are the only ones. I remember the latter three most definitely (In 'Accession' she brought Keiko back to the station, in TaTA the two agents obviously arrived with the ship and she was there in 'Chrysalis'.). I wonder if the ship is used as a transport between Bajor and the station. Maybe it's a vessel of bajoran registry, this would explain some oddities. Oh yeah, let's blame those silly Bajorans. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a Federation transport that has Bajor to its in-system route whenever it's in the sector. Whenever it arrives from Federation territory, it makes a stop or two before and after docking ar DS9, to pick up passengers, drop stuff off, etc. While DS9 is a way-station where lots of stuff gets quarantined or held pending release to the next middleman, I'm willing to be that Federation/Starfleet cargo is exempt from a lot of that.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about in "Playing God"?

And, could you be more specific about "Acession"?

Thanks,
-MMOM [Big Grin]

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "Playing God", it brought Bashir back to the station and also brought Argent, Dax's Trill Initiate/Candidate guy at the beggining of the episode. At least, they showed the ship docking, then the two walking out of an airlock together.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
And, could you be more specific about "Acession"?

O'Brien was waiting at the airlock because he (or better: Bashir) had accidentially destroyed her bonsai trees. We got the same effects scene as always, showing the upside-down thing docking, and Keiko left the airlock, probably having arrived with that transport from Bajor (she was studying the firecaves where the Pah 'infected' her or whatever.)

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "Playing God," the ship was a transport from some Starbase near Trill, which brought Bashir and Dax's initiate to the station. (Among others, I'll bet -- probably one of those regular transports.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Okay, thanks.

And, I know I've asked this before, but does anyone have or can do some screencaps?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
O'Brien was waiting at the airlock because he (or better: Bashir) had accidentially destroyed her bonsai trees. We got the same effects scene as always, showing the upside-down thing docking, and Keiko left the airlock, probably having arrived with that transport from Bajor (she was studying the firecaves where the Pah 'infected' her or whatever.)

Umm...I just realized something...

...Wasn't this scene from "The Assignment"? I believe that's the ep where Keiko gets infected with the Wraith, right?

Looking in the 'Pedia, in "Acession" she was returning from her botanical assignment on Bajor begun in "House of Quark."

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ July 02, 2002, 22:18: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Yep, you're right, sorry. I think I confused those two. The episode I described had no such scene, we didn't even see her arrive.

--------------------

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "Chrysalis" they used the 1/1 scale runabout doors for the docking ports (which doesn't really give an impression of its size, as all ships are supposed to have compatible ports). But when the ship was leaving at the very end, it may have departed from the runabout docking port in the pylon. That very moment is missing on my tape.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We only see the ship pull away at the very end of that episode, with teh main core in view; presumably Bashir was standing at an observation window somewhere on an upper pylon, but not at the top due to the angle with which we see it. The Nash could have been parked just about anywhere... We know the Defiant often takes wierd departure angles from its docking port, so there's no reason to believe that otehr ships don't do the scenic route on the way out either.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Wasn't this scene from "The Assignment"? I believe that's the ep where Keiko gets infected with the Wraith, right?
-MMoM [Big Grin] [/QB]

No one saw me. I was no where near at the time. You must be thinking of someone else. [Big Grin] Honest.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never trusted the Pah-Wraiths.. and I never will.. I can never forgive them.. for the death of my boy.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps