Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Website Request

Author Topic: Website Request
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but a couple of weeks ago someone posted a really neat website on conjectural history of a few classes. It's not DITL however, it's layout is describing the various parts of the classes. It's hard to describe it though. i have been combing through the forums for the link, but I can't find it.

Actually if you know any sites like that just post the link.

Thanks.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Dennistn
Member # 386

- posted      Profile for Dennistn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this is what you were looking for?

http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/

quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
I'm sorry but a couple of weeks ago someone posted a really neat website on conjectural history of a few classes. It's not DITL however, it's layout is describing the various parts of the classes. It's hard to describe it though. i have been combing through the forums for the link, but I can't find it.

Actually if you know any sites like that just post the link.

Thanks.

--------------------
IDIC

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.
Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The can't even count the number of phaser banks on the Excelsior. [Frown]

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They tend to get a lot of the details and other specs wrong on many, if not all of the ships.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
barring the fact that the ships in their little version of the universe may have been reoutfitted in an odd manner..
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

I wasn't reading it for the specs, I was reading it for ideas. But you are right, alot of the specs are wrong.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
---- I did say before that we'd appreciate the feedback... there is only so much 6 pairs of eyes can catch... ----- As for the Excelsior specs, I think I'll recheck them, I don't think I did originally.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Siwiak
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me neither... actually, now that I'm looking at the image on page 470 of the ST: Encyclopedia 3rd Edition, I actually see that the Enterprise-B has two aft-mounted banks at the very back of the ship. Hmm...
IP: Logged
Siwiak
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, as J pointed out, feel free to post here any mistakes you guys come across. Once we complete the Ambassador and Intrepid specs, we intend to go back and fixup the others now that we have a greater feel for writing them up.
IP: Logged
Identity Crisis
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, Excelsior phasers:

On the NX-2000 model there were 24 phaser emitters.
5 banks of 2 on the dorsal saucer surface.
5 banks of 3 on the ventral saucer surface.
4 banks of 1 on the extreme ventral surface of the secondary hull.

The E-B MSD added some aft dorsal banks, as shown in the 'pedia pictures. I don't think we ever saw that part of the ship in Generations so we don't know whether they were modelled.

The Lakota had a bunch of 'invisible' emitters. Assuming that they were symmetrical (i.e. when we saw a phaser fire from the port, we assume there's a matching one on the staboard) these were:
One between the impulse exhausts.
One on each side of the impulse engines.
One on the 'hump' between the warp pylons.

As for torp tubes the Excelsior probably has two forward and two aft. But the models and MSDs are confusing and it may be safer to say that are usually four but sometimes more or less than that on particular ships.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
5 banks of 3 on the ventral saucer surface
I assume this is a typo and means 5 banks of 2.

quote:
The Lakota had a bunch of 'invisible' emitters. Assuming that they were symmetrical (i.e. when we saw a phaser fire from the port, we assume there's a matching one on the staboard) these were:
One between the impulse exhausts.
One on each side of the impulse engines.
One on the 'hump' between the warp pylons.

Symmetrical for number 2, but I believe 1 bank of 1 for numbers 1 and 3.

And i would like to add that there are FOUR variants on the Excelsior class.
1. as seen in ST3 and ST4 (and various Excelsior class stock footage in TNG) (one large "deflector crystal", different and bigger sized bridge module, differently shaped section forward of shuttlebay than in number 2.)
2. as seen in ST6, DS9, and Voy (two small deflector crystals, smaller bridge module akin to TOS movie Connie bridge, differently shaped section forward of shuttlebay than in number 1.)
3. as seen as E-B in ST7
4. as seen as Lakota in DS9 episode Paradise Lost. Much like E-B but additional phaser banks and red defelctor crystals (and more powerful engines, but that isn't an external feature)

[ July 05, 2002, 09:18: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Identity Crisis
Member # 67

quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
I assume this is a typo and means 5 banks of 2.

Yup, typo.

quote:
Symmetrical for number 2, but I believe 1 bank of 1 for numbers 1 and 3.
Yes, obviously. We only saw one of number 2 fire, but by symmetry we assume the other one. As 1 and 3 are on the centre line of the ship there's no need to assume anything else.

quote:
And i would like to add that there are FOUR variants on the Excelsior class.
Which with the possible exception of the aft phasers on the E-B have NO visible weaponry differences.

quote:
4. as seen as Lakota in DS9 episode Paradise Lost. Much like E-B but additional phaser banks and red defelctor crystals (and more powerful engines, but that isn't an external feature)
Thee extra phaser banks aren't external features either [Wink]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps