Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Warp Nacelle Types?

Author Topic: Warp Nacelle Types?
Ed BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I am a bit confused.
What are the warp nacelles types, like LN-64 or LN-68? I just need a discription. (*gack*hack*pictures*hack*gack*hack*)

Thanks.

(Good lord, this is my 504th post!)

[ July 11, 2002, 20:54: Message edited by: Ed BWC ]

IP: Logged
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently reading the Bridge Commander manual again (see my latest topic). They have a tech breakdown of each clss in it. Here's what they say about engines (I think parts were adapted from the Starship Spotter as well as the DS9TM allthough I also think the DS9TM didn't name the engines):

Akira: 2 advanced linear Warpdrives, Type LF-35
Ambassador: 2 Matter/Antimatter-Warpdrives, Type LF-10 Mod 1
Galaxy: 2 advanced linear Warpdrives, Type LF-41
Nebula: same as above
Sovereign: 2 advanced linear Warpdrives, Type LF-44

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think any canon or, er, semicanon source has ever given names to the nacelles. I couldn't tell you the original source for your two numbers, but they have a long fandom history.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See my equipment listing.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ed BWC
Ex-Member

Ohhh, thatnk you Topher, that solves everything!
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any pictures needed...?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ed BWC
Ex-Member

If you want to.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pictures of what? The nacelles? Schematics? On-screen? Models? Cut-aways? [Confused]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember...an engine is not a nacelle. Core upgrades, coil swapouts, new injectors, new plasma conduits, realigned dilithium matrx--these these all add up to improvements & changes.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Ed BWC
Ex-Member

The nacelle.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
Akira: 2 advanced linear Warpdrives, Type LF-35
Ambassador: 2 Matter/Antimatter-Warpdrives, Type LF-10 Mod 1
Galaxy: 2 advanced linear Warpdrives, Type LF-41
Nebula: same as above
Sovereign: 2 advanced linear Warpdrives, Type LF-44

They don't have two warp drives. The Warp drive is the entire system from the Matter/Antimatter Reaction Assymbly [and it's sub-systems leading back to the fuel tanks] to the Nacelles.

Depending on which way you look at it you can say they have two warp nacelles [which isn't exactly correct, the nacelle is the physical structure not the drive.] What we really need is an easy term to describe a set of warp field coils.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Ed BWC
Ex-Member

field drive
field generators
warp coil set

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What we really need is an easy term to describe a set of warp field coils."

What, like "engine", maybe?

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Engine and drive both concern themselves with the entire system, not the specific piece. "Warp Field Generator" does sound appropriate though...

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "warp drive" is the entire system. But it's generally accepted that a "warp engine" is the thing housed by the nacelle.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps