Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sternbach interview at TrekWeb

Author Topic: Sternbach interview at TrekWeb
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2002/07/12/1026472398.html

This interview says that RS did the historical Enterprise pictures for TMP, so he'd be the guy to ask. All in all, an interesting interview.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not at all sure "Star Trek: Keeping the kids away from gangster rap since 1987!" is a workable or appealing slogan...
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I'd say that the tagline was modified from the original, "Star Trek: a distraction from society's poo since 1967"

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my point, healthily sprinkled with what we like to call The Funny, is that that dichotomy is weird and comes out of left field, and thus amused me enough to point it out.

To explain myself (and thus kill the joke, I suppose, such as it is): I have a hard time imagining the social circle where kids are faced with the gritty choice between listening to Tupac and arguing over the proper crew compliment of the Ambassador class. The rough and tumble ghettos around Urbana, maybe. Or Cambridge MA. And then consider that kids trading MP3s are just as much proto-technofetishists as the kids trading internal elevation sketches.

I'm not sure why I'm going on about this, it was just a minor bit of humor in an otherwise interesting interview.

I wonder if it's ok to trade cyberpunk rap songs?

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Sushi K and I'm here to say
I like to rap in a different way

Look out Number One in Every City
Sushi K rap has all most pretty

My special talking of remarkable words
Is not the stereotyped bucktoothed nerd

My hair is big as a galaxy
Cause I attain greater technology

I like to rap about sweetened romance
my fond ambition is of your pants

So here is of special remarkable way
of this fellow raps named Sushi K

The Nipponese talking phenomenon
Like samurai sword his sharpened tongue

Who raps the East Asia and the Pacific
Prosperity Sphere, to be specific

(bet you thought it didn't exist, eh?)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Who, me? I was listening to Deltron 3030 (I found a copy!) as I was writing.
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deltron 3030? I must activate Kazaa, and discover what this is.
Member # 480

I have discovered what it is, and I like it. A Lot. I'm rappin' along, for gott's sake.

Thanks for throwing something like that out into the world, and improving my life a tiny bit, dude. [Cool]

As long as my mirrorshades don't fail me, I think I'm good for now.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea Sternbach was so old.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't seem terribly keen on the NX-01 does he?

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:
Doesn't seem terribly keen on the NX-01 does he?

That's the Moore-syndrom. A shame he's gone, but at least he can tell us now what he really thinks of Berman and his gang. [Cool]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps