Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Rio Grande in "The Search" (DS9)?

Author Topic: Rio Grande in "The Search" (DS9)?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the Rio Grande in "The Search"? Didn't someone mention a holosimulation involving the ship or something a while back?

-MMoM

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the novelization, a holosimulation mentioned the Rio Grande being destroyed. I'm not sure if this line made it into the episodes holosuite sequence.. for the naysayers, i know the ship or its destruction wouldnt have been shown, but if the line made it in the episode it would be in the opening scene before Kira and Obrien leave the bar, before the Defiant uncloaks.

i cant even remember if it was in there or not.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the script, near the end of the episode, when they wake up out of the simulation, O'Brien says "What happened to the Rio Grande?".
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
According to the script, near the end of the episode, when they wake up out of the simulation, O'Brien says "What happened to the Rio Grande?".

So I take it the RG was the runabout thay used to blow up the wormhole in the simulation?

Okay, separate question:
What was seen/mentioned of the ship in "Vortex" and in "Apocalypse Rising"???

Thanks,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "Apocalypse Rising," Sisko and Dax (I think it wasDax, at least) arrived at the station after a meeting with the Federation on the Klingons. The runabout was damaged. Maybe someone can help me out here...

--------------------
Meh

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The RG was in 'Apocalypse Rising'. Kira and... someone else (and I think it was Dax) discuss the latest events and pick up the signal of the damaged Runabout. The OPS-screen shows the same sequence used for the damaged Volga, AFAIK. And they definitely say 'Rio Grande'. But I thought Sisko was alone on the ship.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is an old thing, but didn't the Rio Grande last until the end of the show?

The novelisation of "The Search" has an extra sequence at the beginning, IIRC. It showed a Dominion attack on the station, and them failing to repel it. It then cut to the debriefing, which is where the actual episode starts. There's no mention of the Rio Grande there though.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
I know this is an old thing, but didn't the Rio Grande last until the end of the show?
Yes.

Alex: Can you find out for sure about "Vortex"?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps