Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Emden

Author Topic: Emden
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone tell me about the WWI (?) ship the Emden from STVI is supposed to be named after?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the "fuck" prevents you from looking it up like anyone else?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Temper, temper... [Razz]

I suppose I was just hoping for one of the local historic warship buffs to give me a brief summary. I do apologize for offending. [Roll Eyes]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rule #7: "A little research goes a long way."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rule #8: Peanut butter goes a long way, too. In more ways than one. ::wink wink nudge nudge::
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Rule #8 is "There's no accounting for taste in this universe."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emden is a city in germany - located near the coast of the north sea.

--------------------
Counterstrike goes cinema! Our own Fan movie!
www.delta-recon.de

And of course my own StarTrek Series Project
www.stnemesis.de

Just a preview...

NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look here...

http://www.warships1.com/

Later!
Art

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't tell him anything and don't help him out. Only do so after he can't think of any other place to go (and he's at least tried to do some outside research). But for now, let him do his own research so he can stop with these petty questions that he can look elsewhere for the answers.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gently comrades, gently. Don't rage at the Monkey Man.

Some of us who try to be an 'expert' on some pigeonhole of knowledge LIKE to be utilized as a resource. True, we don't always know what we're talking about either, but we do like to be asked.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Don't tell him anything and don't help him out. Only do so after he can't think of any other place to go (and he's at least tried to do some outside research). But for now, let him do his own research so he can stop with these petty questions that he can look elsewhere for the answers.

For Christ's sake, Dat, I was only asking a question! What is the big damn deal? True, I could have found the answer elsewhere, but so what? I figured I'd ask actual people who could give me a direct answer to a direct question instead of sifting through a search engine's regurgitations trying to pick out something specific. Excuuuuuse me!

C'mon you guys, it's not like this board is just hopping with hot topics at the moment. I don't see any reason why I can't ask a question. Does it really bother you all so much that I'd come here to find stuff out rather than go fumbling blindly about on the internet? If you personally don't want to answer a question, then don't. But somebody probably will.

Don't get so keyed up about it. [Frown]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mim, I wasn't being hard on you. But you do need to learn how to find some things on your own so you don't have to ask people something that you could really find on your own. Now I'm not saying you should not ask people (here or elsewhere) these things once in a while. You're free to check with us to see if the info you found out is true or not.

But if you feel I was unfair on you, then I'll apologize since we should not get on each other's bad side.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Mim, I wasn't being hard on you. But you do need to learn how to find some things on your own so you don't have to ask people something that you could really find on your own. Now I'm not saying you should not ask people (here or elsewhere) these things once in a while. You're free to check with us to see if the info you found out is true or not.

But if you feel I was unfair on you, then I'll apologize since we should not get on each other's bad side.

I have three things to say:

1. I don't need to "learn" anything. I know perfectly well how to find things out using a search engine. I already explained my reason for asking here instead.

2. I don't "have" to ask anyone about it. Again, I'm perfectly capable of finding something myself, I just did this because it occured to me at the moment.

3. I do, however, understand your point and I do not hold any grudge against you. You needn't apologize, but you also needn't post in a thread just to tell me I shouldn't have started it. That's Tim's job, I believe, and I'm sure if he thinks the thread should not exist he'll do something about it.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps