Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Was the U.S.S. Trial in the "Way of the Warrior" script or not? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Was the U.S.S. Trial in the "Way of the Warrior" script or not?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been confused about this. I know it was not apparently mentioned in the final episode, and I know it's listed on the official ST site, and I know that it's been suggested in numerous places that it may be from the script. But has anyone (ala Tim [Wink] ) checked to see for sure?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone ever get into contact with the guys at startrek.com and ask them where they got the information or who wrote it?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Order this thing: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00002JV6I/qid=1027215146/sr=8-9/ref=sr_8_9/102-6813178-3769722

And let there never be a another DS9 script question!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why should I buy that, when my favorite forum moderator ( [Big Grin] [Wink] [Smile] ) already has it and is helpful enough to share his knowledge...?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got that Companion CD also, but just for that laziness, I'm not going to tell you. [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That CD is only 19.99. I'd be willing to chip in a buck so that I wouldn't have to see any more of your lazy ass questions! (for purely legal purposes, I would like to emphasize that "lazy ass" refers to your question and not necessarily to you, although I admit such meaning might be inferred and would not be denied by me.)

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not there.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
That CD is only 19.99. I'd be willing to chip in a buck so that I wouldn't have to see any more of your lazy ass questions! (for purely legal purposes, I would like to emphasize that "lazy ass" refers to your question and not necessarily to you, although I admit such meaning might be inferred and would not be denied by me.)

I am stung by your words Okazaki-san. [Frown]

The fact is that I don't need that CD. All my "lazy ass" questions relating to DS9 scripts amount to about...hmmm, let's see...three. That hardly warrants a $20 invesment, IMHO.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.

Thanks, TSN. I am really starting to wonder if the Trial was the Miranda in the ep, since if it's not in the script then it probably comes from a model. And, since the WotW Miranda just *might* be an ETRL model, and since T-R-I-A-L uses all letters from R-E-L-I-A-N-T...

I don't know. Does anyone have any idea whether it was the actual studio model or a kit? [Confused]

-MM

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Don't feel hurt MMoM. No real, permanent harm intended.
I'll send you a dollar, so if it's not worth $20, is it worth $19?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for laughs, here's the Startrek.com's description of the U.S.S. Tian An Men:

"A new starship, built in the wake of the Starfleet massacre at Wolf 359, that was hauled out of spacedock before it was completely finished in order to join the blockading fleet along the Klingon-Romulan border a year later."

Apparently the guy who wrote this also writes articles for Star Trek: The Magazine, as his penchant for reliable information shows.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Did you notice that they have it as U.S.S. Tian Nam Men, too?

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THat's because early editions of the Encyclopedia also called it Tian Nan Men

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks, TSN. I am really starting to wonder if the Trial was the Miranda in the ep, since if it's not in the script then it probably comes from a model. And, since the WotW Miranda just *might* be an ETRL model, and since T-R-I-A-L uses all letters from R-E-L-I-A-N-T...
If thats the case then perhaps the registry number is also a rearrangement of the Reliant's.

So from the original NCC-1864 we can get...a lot of different purmutations;

Although NCC-1846 seams the most likely.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by The359:
That's because early editions of the Encyclopedia also called it Tian Nan Men

Really? What edition? Cause I've got the first and the third and it's correct in both. [Confused]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First edition, page 322, about a quarter of the way down the page. Also, second edition (perhaps third also?), page 491, in the lower middle of the graphic at the top of the right column.

And am I the only one who has never seen the word "Tiananmen" written as multiple words anywhere except in reference to this ship?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps