Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Well, I finally found it... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Well, I finally found it...
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...after what seemed like an eternity of internet searches, I've finally stumbled across a valid email address for Robert Legato. Here's what I sent him:

"Dear Mr. Legato,

Please forgive my interruption into your work, as I'm sure you're a busy man. However, I found this email address from a VFX website, & thought I'd say hello. My name is Mark Delgado, and I am part of a Star Trek website devoted to the lesser-known starship models of that series, especially the kit-bashed study models built by Ed Miarecki & Greg Jein for the Wolf 359 battle scene in "The Best of Both Worlds." We've been in contact with people such as Michael Okuda, Rick Sternbach, Doug Drexler, Ed Miarecki, Dan Curry, and several others, who have provided us with invaluable information & photos:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/wolf359.htm

I'm contacting you because of an interview printed in the book "The Deep Space Nine Companion," by Terry Erdmann. In this interview, you state that you created a preliminary battle scene for the opening Wolf 359 scene in "Emissary," but that script changes necessitated that your scene be dropped for what was eventually shown.

My question to you is this: Do you remember anything about your battle scene (i.e., how many ships, names of ships, descriptions of ships, etc.), or have any reference photos that could help us complete our Wolf 359 analysis? Since the Star Trek viewing audience was unable to actually see your preliminary work for the battle, we have no infomation to base our work on. You stated in the interview that you tried to tie-in the TNG episode with "Emissary" by making sure the names of the ships mentioned in BOBW were actually on the wrecked models you built. Any other info you could give us would be greatly appreciated. And if you don't have any info for us, I'd completely understand as well. I'd like to thank you again for your time.

Mark Delgado"

Now, as before with DD, please keep in mind that I'm not expecting him to even respond to my email. If by chance he does and tells me that he has no idea what I'm talking about, fine. But in the off chance that he responds with actual usable information, I'll let all of you know what he says.

[ July 22, 2002, 09:54: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

*ready for fanboy mode*

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might as well have just pointed the man directly towards that big honkin' thread here at Flare [Razz]
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, & have him read the crap that some of the people here post? Are you out of your mind? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, note to self:

DO NOT PISS DUKKIE OFF WITH YOUR IMPATIENT BITCHING THIS TIME! [Cool]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Also, Minney-poo, you do realise that your name is printed in large, friendly letters next to your post, don't you? You don't actually have to sign them as well.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Minney-poo

[Confused]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mimmie-Poo.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Minney-poo

[Confused]
Come on. Don't tell us you don't know the honey-addicted bear.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Minney-poo

[Confused]
Come on. Don't tell us you don't know the honey-addicted bear.
Wasn't that Winny-Poo? [Confused]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Winnie the Poo. And now the joke is lost.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Pooh". And if it became any more lost Jeff would drive into it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, the elusive 'h'. It was invented in like Winnipeg or shit, so you'd think I'd know, but I don't. Paddington'd kick his ass anyway.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The letter 'h' was invented in Winnipeg? Fascinating...
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps