Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Desperately seeking Norway

Author Topic: Desperately seeking Norway
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES! Norway - Norway Class - that elusive of ships - when ARE we gonna see another of those little buggers -

I can think of only 2 known appearences - ST:FC and that display in "In the flesh" VGR

I mean - its crazy - I wanna see another - someone said that the model 'CGI model' was damaged!?! could it be that they accidently deleated it? I mean how else can you damage a computer model?

Andrew

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been in the background among other ships in some DS9 episodes.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
www.gamingsector.com

[This message was edited by DeadCujo on May 22, 1999.]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it hasn't. I'm sure someone would have mentioned by now if it had been - I mean, we even got excited about it appearing in that crap not-to-scale display in "In The Flesh!"
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*L* Yep, I remember THAT one, Lee. 8)

(Oh no! He's stolen Lee's smiley! BWAH HA HA)

------------------
Here we go! Al�, Al�, Al�!
Go, go, go! Al�, Al�, Al�!
Arribe va!! El mundo est� de pie!
Go, Go, Go!! Al�, Al�, Al�!

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doh! I got confused :P

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
www.gamingsector.com

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foul Fiend! *smites Josh*

I feel fairly ambiguous about the Norway-class - it's an interesting design, yet the details seem rather boring. If it had been anything but a Starfleet vessel, we'd all have really liked it; as it is, no-one really misses it all that much. I suspect that is why it's been the least-used (heck, at ALL in fact) of the FC Ships.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sternbach or Stipes or one of those people said that the Norway needed to be resurfaced. I guess that hasn't happened yet.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may have to do with the level of detail to which the ship has been designed...the Akira was the most detailed of the four.

Boris

[This message was edited by Boris on May 22, 1999.]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that the Norway was seen once in a DS9 ep...

------------------
"There's always a bigger fish..."
-Qui-Gon Jinn, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You lowered Sternbach to the same level as Stipes in that sentence, Frank! How dare you!

------------------
Garak: "I do apologize. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes, I'd... grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me." (DS9: "Our Man Bashir")

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps