Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$$$$ Nemesis Preview during Twilight Zone [Spoilers] $$$$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$$$$ Nemesis Preview during Twilight Zone [Spoilers] $$$$$$
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and nudity.
IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh god no. Then those Enterprise naysayers wouldn't ever shut up about showing skin in Trek... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i Could live with Nudity in trek [Wink] . Look at Nem. Looks like Picard Gets Some.

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... No, he doesn't...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An R-rated Trek movie is what I wanted for a DS9 movie.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B4 is better than B9 - B-Corrs [Smile] If it is supposed to be one of Soong's Pre-Lore androids - then it fits in with Trek continuity. We know that there were earlier versions.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but we also know they didn't work.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides Soong didn't know whether or not he needed to make a new one at the time. It would be quite silly to name a creation B4 and know you're not going to make another one. And it would be quite silly to name a creation B4 knowing full well it will fail (or fail to meet your expectations) just so that you can make a new one. IMO, B4 is even worse than B9.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I would say the B-4 (before) pun would be an ironic sort of thing, cause it would be assumed that there was a B1, B2 and B3. (And everyone knows that B1 and B2 were made in the shape of large bananas!) [Smile]

--------------------

NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep in mind "B4" rhymes with "Lore"...

Later!
Art

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be a great shocker if B9 was built as a clever fuckover by Lore!
Kind of a contingency plan (could've taken all the parts from Soong's lab while data was out of it. [Wink]
Kind of makes sense: data built Lal. Lore builds a son smart enough to lie to Data effectively.
Lore's "son" would be cool and really evil.....a nemesis for Data. (I know some aspects of the plot but I refuse to read the script fr the new movie!)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I too refuse to read any bloody script. A friend of mine went with me to see Insurrection (actually by chance - I ran into him at the opening). Anyway - he had READ the script or knew all the details of Insurrection - and well he wasn't Overwhelmed with the movie. Yeah it wasn't the best movie - but on first viewing it was still pretty good - like a really good episode. The thing is Insurrection's 'suspense' pretty much hung on the whole aspect that the Son'a were actually Bak'u. The scene where Beverly discovers this is the turning point in the movie. (It was silly to hang the whole thing on this one thing but... meh.)

So my friend wasn't engrossed in the movie - first time - as I was. I did see it 2 more times, but subsequent viewings didn't have the same impact as subsequent viewings of First Contact did. The whole Picard/Lily thread of that movie really keeps it together. Cause you can travel with Picard on his own journey each time in that movie. The best scene is where he break's his little ships. I don't know if anyone noticed/I've mentioned this before... and maybe it wasn't intentional - but that moment when Picard breaks the ships... the camera focusses on the E-D broken and destroyed. I thought that was fantabulous to focus on that ship. Cause it had a personal resonance with the fans and Picard. More-so than the E-E does.

Andrew

"This far - NO FURTHER!"

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NeghVar:
Keep in mind "B4" rhymes with "Lore"...

Do we have to? [Razz]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole E-D broken model in FC was most likely intentional because of the camera focus on the model and that Lily does pick up the stardrive (or was it the saucer?) half not knowing it was part of the E-D and that the E-D was Picard's previous command which had been destroyed.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Yeah, but we also know they didn't work.

but in what way did they not work? were they total failures, or did they have some kind of glitch? maybe they "worked", but they had some irritating flaw. like continually murdering children. who knows (though i'm sure that if child murder was the flaw, Soong would have been arrested).
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps