Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$$Visit the Bridge of the Romulan Warbird Valdore$$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$$Visit the Bridge of the Romulan Warbird Valdore$$$$
NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark,

Check this out over on the Nemesis website...

http://nemesis.startrek.com/html_site/index.html

http://nemesis.startrek.com/ipix_valdore.html

Pretty damn cool!!!
Art

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waugh! That is so cooo--

Waitaminute... It looks like a pretty thin redress of the Sovereign bridge set!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that ipix shit doesn't work with Opera. fucking lazy bastards.
IP: Logged
Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Waitaminute... It looks like a pretty thin redress of the Sovereign bridge set!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that...

Well, at least we know what happened to the Enterprise-E bridge.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely pics from the IPIX;

http://www.zeetec.net/host/phlox/Bridge%203.JPG

http://www.zeetec.net/host/phlox/Bridge%204.JPG

Those side consoles look similar to the ones on Klingon bridges to me. I also heard that the console in the helm position is from a DS9 set.

From the second trailer;

http://www.zeetec.net/host/phlox/Bridge%205.JPG

http://www.zeetec.net/host/phlox/Bridge%206.JPG

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems kinda spartan, even for a Romulan bridge.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least I knew that I wasn't on speed when I noticed that the Sovereign Class corridors were being used for the Romulan ship. Just like in TWoK, the Enterprise bridge does double duty.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which seems reasonable considering the reported budget cut. This in turn doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. Think of TWOK and TUC for example.

But doesn't anybody think that this doesn't look like a Romulan bridge at all? The seats at the side consoles seem to come from the Defiant bridge. The color scheme is completely different to what we have seen so far of Rommie bridges. And the whole "feel" seems to cry FEDERATION STYLE.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does look quite Federation-y... but remember the Romulan sets from "Probable Cause/The Die is Cast". They were like this. If that panel thingy is from DS9 it could be from these episodes?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to rewatch those eps but I thought the sets there looked like the one from TNG's "Face of the Enemy"

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naw... "Face of the Enemy" had a Warbird bridge set that was almost completely new, incorporating such diverse ideas as a ward room set just off the bridge, and standing consoles for everyone but the captain (carried over somewhat from that Iconian episode). In the DS9 episodes, they simply redressed their "guest" bridge set, which usually served as the bridge of various Starfleet ships (Saratoga, Prometheus, Odyssey, etc.). Looks like this is a continuing trend, however like the DS9 set they are trying to hide the re-use with dim lighting (a trick that worked with the Saratoga in ST4, too).

Mark

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, I just noticed that the console at the front of the Romulan bridge seems to be a similar type to the one they're using in the Scimitar's command centre. I suppose that could be explained away because the Remans have close links with the Romulans though. I wonder if this is a hint that the Romulans had something to do with the building of the Scimitar? Meh, it's just a console.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, given that the Empire's main weapons construction happens at Remus, it could be just a standard Type VIX Multi-Functional Console.

I must say that it doesn't look like a very interesting bridge. Especially since it's just the Enterprise bridge with a few chairs and consoles ripped out and replaced by air.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I'm guessing that the Valdore bridge will only be seen through closeups and through the E-E viewscreen, which is why the bridge details seem to be contentrated towards the back of the set...

Mark

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
I'm guessing that the Valdore bridge will only be seen through closeups and through the E-E viewscreen, which is why the bridge details seem to be contentrated towards the back of the set...

Mark

that would be my guess.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps