Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Another redesign of the Type-II phaser? (Nemesis Spoiler) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Another redesign of the Type-II phaser? (Nemesis Spoiler)
Siwiak
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Is it just me, or is the grip on that phaser different then even those used in the last two features and DS9/VOY?

And egads... what'd they do to the observation lounge? Picard smashes one little model in First Contact and they go ahead and shove a big-ass console in there... though it makes me wonder if NX-01 is now at the bottom of that model case on the far right.

-

IP: Logged
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've done the phaser thing - it's the Type-II that was seen in the alternate future of "Endgame".

As for the conference lounge, I don't think it's the NX-01.. Looks like the E-B to me.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

definitely the E-B.
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the display case slides out of the way in front and the console have always been behind it?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can only see three ships. Perhaps by "the bottom" he meant "behind those chairs where we can't see".
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah. I think there's a mirroring cabinet on the other side of the console, containing the other ships.

Mark

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
We can only see three ships. Perhaps by "the bottom" he meant "behind those chairs where we can't see".

but he also said "far right", and we have an unobstructed view of the far right.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the 'far right' of the 2nd photo is a set of models, 3 of which are visible in what appears to be a large shelving unit. This unit may cantain more than the 3 models we see. If this is so, who thinks that the E-A E-nil, and NX-01 are displayed in the area blocked by the chair.

If this is a floor to ceiling display case, it could very well be there...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for the record, the long and rather meandering thread about the phaser is here.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"but he also said 'far right', and we have an unobstructed view of the far right."

Except for the bit below the E-B. Which is behind those chairs. Like I said.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From top to bottom, it looks like we have the E-Nil, the E-D, and the E-B. There's probably one more below it (or at least there could be) but any more than that and you'd have to get on your hands and knees to see it.

I'm also guessing that there's a mirroring cabinet on the other side. It would contain the E-C, the E-E, the E-A and the NX-01. Perhaps the US Navy vessel Enterprise is the other ship below the E-B. Or the Shuttle.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And obviously, they are also using the new Tricorder.

And we thought they wouldn't use Endgame-tech in Nemesis... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I don't think that's a new tricorder...

Mark

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sort of with Mark. I mean, it certainly could be a tricorder, but we've seen all sorts of specialized scanning equipment before, and without any context to put the image in, I think it's a bit early to say what exactly that thing is.

Incidently, do any of those new Nemesis figures come with a tricorder? That might tell you something.

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Incidently, do any of those new Nemesis figures come with a tricorder? That might tell you something.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Data will. But we could also get a peek at it once the Elite Force 2 people start releasing more screenshots.

Re: the new display "sliding out"... could be, seeing as the Enterprise-E deck 1 has an amazing amount of internal space compared to the outside... [Smile]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps