Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Morgue

Author Topic: Morgue
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone here know where the Morgue's on the E-D and Voy are located? I get the feeling that in the one episode featuring the metaphysic shielding, the E-D's morgue was off of Sickbay because Crusher went in from there. As for Voyager's I'm not certain, the Doc did store Chakotay there when he was knocked out-- is Voy's morgue through that doorway at the back of the secondary entrance set?

PS: I've just recently noticed the general similarity between the two sickbays--- two entrances, enclosed office between them, lab like area on one side, beds on the other. Was it a redress?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In both shows (though more explicitly with TNG) the sickbay set we see constitutes only a small portion of the entire sickbay facility on the ship.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may have been the same general real estate on the soundstage, but it wasn't a straight redress.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't.. They just had similar constructions, and were shot from similar angles. Didn't help that both were lit with blue gels too. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enterprise-D morgue was a redress of the generic science lab set, so it could be anywhere on Deck 12. Not sure if it was the same with Voyager... but Elite Force speculates there are some morgue cells around that corridor in the back of the lab.

As some above posters have said, both sickbay sets were rebuilds of the TMP sickbay, which in turn was built from the aborted Star Trek Phase II sickbay.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you can get ahold of the Ent-D blueprints, I think you'll find it interesting. Granted they're not canon, but it'll give you an idea of just how extensive the Medical facilities abord modern starships are supposed to be. If I recall correctly, the entire medical complex aboard the Ent-D took up about a third to a half of a deck in the saucer section. This would include medical labs, treatment wards, and the morgue, among other things.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's more like a quarter of Deck 12, but it's still much more than what we've seen. It's like a small to mid-size hospital.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which would make sense granted the sheer number of bacteria, virii, etc. a crew must encounter when visiting numerous worlds. Considering the number of species of bacteria compared to animals of Earth, the sheer amount of biological diversity in the ST universe (with hundreds of separately evolving sentients) must be insane.
I'm surprised that we haven't seen a re-enactment of smallpox in North America, except on a galactic scale. Heck, IRL they had quarantine procedures for astronauts.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps