Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Unusual Shots

Author Topic: Unusual Shots
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering - leading on from (The Biko thread I think), about unusual shots from a starship. I guess we have to use our imagination seeing as there is no 'Unseen Frontier' coming.

So where would YOU like to have the camera positioned? What starship. And to a lesser extent - what room perhaps (yes everyone wants to see the Whales).

I mentioned one before... that very bottom shuttle bay on the Excelsior class standing on the flight deck looking out to the aft of the ship with the rest of the hull arcing away above you and the nacelles way above you.

Another I mentioned before - looking out one window on a Starship and into another room (yes rather Voyeuristic, I know), but The Akira class has windows that seem to be apt for this. You could be on one 'catamaran hull' and look out across to windows on the otherside!!

Also on the E-D - if you had quarters with an 'underside of saucer' aspect and towards the aft - you could look down to the secondary hull and the windows down there!

I'd like to see in the Flight Deck 'club' on Voyager watching shuttles come and go.

I'd like to see a similar shot to Star Trek III where Rand watches the Big E arrive home all fucked up and damaged. That s ONE BIG SHIP! I want to see the E-D pulling up outside one of those windows - that is one WAY BIG SHIP!!

They are just some of a few ideas. Anyone else?

Andrew

P.S. I'd like to see the corridor on deck 2 or 3 of the E-D that has those line of windows in the ceiling!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I want to see the E-D pulling up outside one of those windows
"110011001" or whatever. It wasn't all that impressive, though.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, on this subject, all ever wanted to see (for realism's sake) was the Docking Pylons, or Outer Habitat Rings through the windows of DS9. Time and again all you ever saw was an empty starfield through virtually all windows from any position.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know something we never see? The heads.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
quote:
I want to see the E-D pulling up outside one of those windows
"110011001" or whatever. It wasn't all that impressive, though.
Yeah. It was strange. They had the Goldsmith tune playing for the longest it was ever played, they used ST III shots to make it look all big and "oooh", and it didn't. Ooh, that is.

I wonder if it was due to the lack of detail on the model, or just the way it was filmed.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I remember the 11001001 scene. It wasn't impressive. ST:3 was impressive, that wasn't. I think the scales are all mucked up. Or something. Yeah maybe more detail. I'm sure now they could do something impressive. Or even say by TNG season 5 or 6.

As for the Heads... I reckon it's just a big open hole down to deck 2... or beyond! (Off the bridge) [Wink]

I wonder if they have a huge window out to space that you can look out of while you're peeing...

Sorry for the crewmember there during Q-Who...

*Computer*: I bet you are wondering if that is shepherd's pie in your pants?

*Crewman* *gulp!*

[Smile]

--------------------

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive always wanted to go into the shuttle bay and pee through the force feild into space, lol

especially if we were being chased by the borg!!!!

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Warbadden TRYING to be funny? 'Cuz, if you are, you're not succeeding :/

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously replying to Warb's comment about peeing through forcefields in an open shuttlebay...

you certainly can't. The piss would bounce off the field because it can't penetrate it. The reason why a shuttle can pass through is that it is probably emitting the same frequency as the fields are using. This is also why the air inside the shuttlebay doesn't blown out into space. The piss and the air aren't emitting any frequencies at all. Remember that forcefields are like shields.

This concludes your lesson of the day. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Splash BACK! [Smile]

*beeping noise* WORF: "Sir we have an unidentified urination in shuttlebay 2"
PICARD: "Contain it!"

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps