Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » contact addresses for rick sternbach etc.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: contact addresses for rick sternbach etc....
aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Perhaps it would be better, Anyeurism, if you post your questions here first. As a new guy, many of them will very likely have been answered here already, or known by someone who has. That's what the forums are here for in the first place.

Firstly, i apologise for my outburst, its good to see that not everyone here lives up to their reputation.
Secondly my questions are not tech questions, they go a little something like this...
10 I'm studying media at the moment and the current genre i'm looking at is science fiction, in particular comparing english with american.i would like to get the views of a number of people in the industry, english and american, to tell me their views on the differences and what english sci fi needs to do. currently there are no english sci fi shows running.
2) i was hoping that they would be willing to send me some kind of autographed photo or something similar.

so thats it, with all respect mark no one here could answer my questions.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no one here could ever hope to answer my question:

how many lights are there!?!?!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
its good to see that not everyone here lives up to their reputation.
?
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. It took a lot of trust from a friend of mine to obtain the email addys/addresses of these two. even then, ive only contacted okuda once.

As for your questions, I doubt #2 will be fufilled. As for #1, i still dont think your getting any info from these boards, especially if your member number is in the 900s.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can take this for what it's worth from someone who has made career inquiries to fellow artists and designers: If you're going to ask for career advice and the like, I would make your questions much more clear. I read it twice and am still not quite sure what you're asking. If these are nice guys, they'll probably be willing to give you a couple paragraphs on what they think, but they probably won't guess at what you're trying to ask.

And yes... I agree... if you can find this contact info somewhere that *they* have posted it, you should feel perfectly free to contact them. They're inviting it. But I would be very wary of publicly posting someone's contact info... even if it was listed somewhere else.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
no one here could ever hope to answer my question:

how many lights are there!?!?!

THERE...ARE...FOUR...LIGHTS!

I've known Sternbach's web address for some time and since this thread started I found Mandel's as well. Can't find anything on Okuda though, and he'd be the one I'm most interested in.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Web site addresses aren't a problem... I think it's email addies that we're debating over.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I realize that...what I was getting at was that both Sternbach and Mandel list their email addresses on their respective sites. I found a site that looks like it could be for Mike Okuda, but it's under construction. Can someone give a 'yes' or 'no' as to whether Okuda does have an active site, or none at all. I'll continue googling if he does. Thanks.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never heard anything about Okuda having a website. I can't imagine he'd have much time to work on one.
aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
You can take this for what it's worth from someone who has made career inquiries to fellow artists and designers: If you're going to ask for career advice and the like, I would make your questions much more clear. I read it twice and am still not quite sure what you're asking. If these are nice guys, they'll probably be willing to give you a couple paragraphs on what they think, but they probably won't guess at what you're trying to ask.

I understand what you are saying but its not career advice i need. I know where I'm going and what i need to do to get there. Also asking the advice of americans on how to get in the British industry strikes me as a bit counter productive. I studying Sci-Fi at the moment and I'm doing some work on the differences between English and American shows (without stating the obvious in that America actual has some). Obviously it would improve my work if i could include the thoughts on the subject of some of the most successful people in the industry from both sides of the pond. and when i wrote to them i would obviously be more careful in my wording to ensure that i was being more clear and to the point.
since the rather "frosty" reply from the majority here i found sternbachs website with address. i cant find geoff mandels anywhere, even after trying multiple mays of spelling his names.

And by reputation i meant that a lot of other people on the net wont visit here for various reasons, mainly centering on alot of you being awkward and basically elitist mother fuckers. i can see why some people are that way although i think you all are just too quick to jump on people.
also proteus why the hell does member number change anything?? firstly i used to post under the name of iam2xtreme with a member number somewhre in the 800's, but i suppose thats not much better for you. i just dont understand why you're holding the fact i didnt find this place before i did against me.

end rant.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I'm heartbroken.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this would be a perfect place for a giant rolleyes smiley, or perhaps a spastic animated gif if anyone is willing..
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a reputation? Funny, I've never heard Flare mentioned outside of here.

We're all elitist mother fuckers, yay! [Cool]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Funny, I've never heard Flare mentioned outside of here.
Well, I have. And it's always done by the members here. And it's always praise.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Flare is elitist, then how the hell am I still a member here? I have no Treknology background, I have only a few flings with science-fiction outside of Star Trek, and my collection of Star Trek things can fit in a shoe box. All I really do around here is keep the General Sci-Fi area clean, review episodes and movies, and hang out in the Lounge. I'm pretty much next to useless in half of the forums.

On the topic, I'm with Aban Rune and others. Some people don't want their email addresses given out. Do a search on Google for that person's name and the word "email." If you can find a public website where that person has made his or her email address available, take that as an invitation contact them. If you can't find it, it's best to assume that he or she doesn't want it to be general knowledge.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps