Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Equinox" answers ($$ and more $) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Equinox" answers ($$ and more $)
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, here's what I wrote down for my 'little list' from Equinox:

USS Equinox
NCC-7xxxx (I can confirm a 7 from the Master Situation Display. Everything else is too hard to read)
Nova class short-term planetary research vessel
Crew of 80 (Ransom said he lost 39 crew members in 1 battle, half his crew)
Pulled into Delta Quadrant by Caretaker (he said the word Caretaker at the same time as Janeway, so he knew about it)
Maximum Speed of Warp 8
Encountered a Wormhole (which explains how they got so far)
Currently 35,000 light years from Earth
Been in DQ for 8 - 10 years (that female ensign said Naomi looks like her nephew, but he is a teenager, making him over 12 years old, and since Naomi is about 4, they've been there at the least 8 years)

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has minimal weapons.
Designed for either Planetary Research or Charting (I couldn't hear)
Noble or Hope class (stupid ears)
Has a pretty big bridge for a dinky ship
Encountered at least two species (some party species and a territorial one) that Voyager didn't, but missed the Borg.
Has used a number of "critters" to boost speed, (at least 3...) and needs 63 more.

------------------
If a tree falls on a mime in the forest...does anyone care?

ok...somone in another thread heard "Nova class"...whatever..picky, picky,picky

[This message was edited by Mucus on May 26, 1999.]

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most primary systems shot
Pioneered design elements from Voyager (the bridges look almost alike)
Only 4 survivng bridge crew
About Defiant sized (a little smaller than 170 but more than 120)
Minimal weaponry (I saw maybe at most 5 or 6 smaller phasers, probably Type 8 or 9)
Probably a photorp launcher somewhere
Shield generators recharge after 45 seconds

Any more?

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5 Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am amazed how close to accurate my pre-show conclusions were. I stated the ship had a registry between 71000 and 73000 and had been in the Delta Quadrant for at least eight years.

[This message was edited by Trinculo on May 27, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there's 78 crew members. Think, 39+39=78.

------------------
U.S.S. Infiltrator NCC-75235
www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/4930
"I like the carpet. I really do!"
-Julian Bashir

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're being just a teensy bit too literal there, Fabbychops. . . 8)
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right...the "half" figure isn't going to be exact.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But wait! The Equinox has an EMH, same design as Voyager's. When Voyager was built the EMH program was a new thing that had just begun to be placed on starships. It may of been built before Voyager and the EMH installed afterward when the program was being installed on other starships. But as for being in the Delta Quadrant, it came there just prior to Voyager, but not by much. And the reason it got so far ahead was because it used those alien things as fuel. I doubt the wormhole story cause he might of just been BS'ing Janeway as to an explaination because he didn't want to tell her the real reason on how far they've traveled.

Did anybody catch a full registry? If you can get a clear shot of the dedication plaque you might be able to make it out.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------
I'll hold it open and you pull it out.

[This message was edited by Hobbes on May 27, 1999.]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well. A crew between 70-80 sounds good for the 39 as being half bit.

------------------
U.S.S. Infiltrator NCC-75235
www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/4930
"I like the carpet. I really do!"
-Julian Bashir

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The answer to the year of the USS Equinox's disappearnce can be gained from the dedication plaque (the stardate).
IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed the first 40 minutes, but how would the year of commisioning give an exact date of disappearance... I suppose it would give us a lower limit, though. One thing that bugs me is the uniforms of the crew, though. If it has been gone for something like eight years, it would mean that those uniforms have been in use on starships since before the start of DS9.

------------------
"But compared with Star Wars, Star Trek, for all its obnoxious spin-off "make it so" durability, is Hamlet and Lear alongside Saved by the Bell."

"Good old Liam as Qui-Gon Jinn, the hero in this film, is represented as fighting against the forces of greed. A Star Wars picture that preaches against greed is a little like Bill Clinton in the pulpit for a chastity-begins-at-home campaign."

-Rex Murphy on Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you never know, maybe they contacted Starfleet via that old old communications relay spanning the quadrants and replicated some new uniforms? =)
Nah, probably not.

Anyhow, regarding the boost to their warp drive using those nucleogenic compounds:

If it improves warp factors by .3% for a month (assuming 30 days) and they made 10,000 in two weeks (14 days) then does this add up? And assuming 35,000 more light years to Earth using 63 more aliens as...fuel, does this add up as well?

I suppose to figure that out you'd need to know how many light years you can travel at warp factor X. Anybody mind doing the math for me?

And not to sound like a nitpick or anything, but couldn't this stuff be replicated? It seemes to me that living matter to a limited extent can be replicated (as shown in the TNG episode where Worf had a new spinal column & nerve tissue replicated for him). And even if it couldn't be replicated, the final product -the petrified alien biochemically altered- shouldn't be living matter any more, and so should be replicatable.

------------------
SMINT IS EVIL!

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rats, some clarification on my last message.

I was assuming 30 days instead of 31, in case you thought it odd for me to assume that.

And "warp factor X" does not mean warp factor 10, the x is a variable, silly people..

------------------
SMINT IS EVIL!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if they went 10,000ly in 14 days, they were travelling at some 260,700c. And, if this is 0.3% greater than their normal speed, their normal speed is about 259,900c. So, no, it doesn't add up, given the warp speeds we have.

Also, if whatever the critters are they use for "fuel" let them go 5,000ly per week, it should take them 7 weeks to get back. It adds up if they use nine of them per week. Of course, I haven't seen the ep, so I don't know if they use nine per week or not. I might also be misunderstanding your question. If that be the case, just ignore me... :-)

------------------
"I make fun of senior citizens, but obviously I aspire to be one of them, the alternative being what it is."
-Scott Adams, The Dilbert Future

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a ship designed to conduct planetary research, does that mean it has landing pads like Voyager? And the bridge looks too big for the ship, maybe they modified the USS Prometheus bridge...

------------------
"It's been...fun." -Kirk

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps