Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Klingon Raptor (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Klingon Raptor
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mistakes" that nonetheless happened.

And what about the nacelles of the BoP and Raptor? They are similar in design. All I'm really saying is that there's no contradiction in the Klingons and Romulans having exchanged tech in the past, and in fact it is both unsurprising and logical, given what we've heard and seen both in past shows and ENT.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Mistakes" that nonetheless happened.
You must have a hard time figuring "The Enemy Within" out.

"But now Kirk's fighting some other Starfleet captain with a similar build! Oh, hey, and now neither of those two are Kirk. The Enterprise must have three captains. And they like to wrestle."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were Klingon Birds-of-Prey in ENT!?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We haven't seen any Klingon BoP in ENT but IIRC one of the Klingons in "Sleeping Dogs" mentioned that they have them.

Mim, if the only thing the Raptor and ENT BoP have in common are their nacelles then IMO they have nothing in common. The ENT BoP nacelles have much more in common with the Jemmy Battlecruiser's, and the TOS BoP nacelles have more in common with the Ent-nil.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, granted that the nacelles are the only real connection between the two ships, there's still the two lines I mentioned, and even then if you pretend Soval said "Birds-of-Prey" instead of "Warbirds" in "Broken Bow"---which I don't feel any particular need to do---you've still got that and the BoP line in "Sleeping Dogs" to muse over.

Just out of curiosity, why is it that you seem so opposed to Klingon-Romulan contact & technology exchange in the ENT era or earlier?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Klingon meant that he had a really impressive Falcon back home, and he wasn't afraid to use it?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Just out of curiosity, why is it that you seem so opposed to Klingon-Romulan contact & technology exchange in the ENT era or earlier?

I'm actually not especially opposed to the idea, Mim, I'm just pointing out that their early ships are different enough that a technology exchange is not required.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps