Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Enemy Tech Mine! ["Dawn" Spoilers]

Author Topic: $$ Enemy Tech Mine! ["Dawn" Spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Placeholder until I can write up the report. But until then:

-The enemy shuttle this week is a thin redress of the Alice shuttle from Voyager.

-62 moons!

-10 points for each episode identified that Trip refers to in the show!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure most of the events he recalls happened offscreen, with the exception of "Precious Cargo," "Unexpected," and "Cold Front." I think.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the fate of shuttlepod one is unresolved.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying out the "featured topic" function here. Newest episodes of "Enterprise" will now get this status and remain at the top of the forum list of threads for a week or so, beginning when I remember to tag them for this and ending when/if I remember to untag them.

For now, Mark's early bird reviews will be the ones that get this special pampering treatment, mainly because they have proven to be the waterholes other people are happy with, too.

Timo Saloniemi

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Thanks Timo - now I just gotta do the damn report tonight. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POST [Smile]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

[Apologies for the delay. There was a 1/144 Aile Strike Gundam that was simply screaming to be finished first. [Razz] ]

-Timestamp: I missed the opening 15 seconds. Unless Trip made note of the date in that time, it's "Supplemental".

-Trip's out testing nav and sensor upgrades. Funny, with 80-something crew aboard, they only send him? Trip says that with upgrades like the ones they're testing, pretty soon they won't need Travis anymore. *snicker* And in a fit of plot convenience, he didn't bring a UT or phase pistol along, even though he's ALONE and FAR AWAY from the ship in UNEXPLORED SPACE.

-The baddies this week are the Arkonians, who fly these really neat ships combining vertical and horizontal sections. The Arkonians are nutty folks who didn't really like the Vulcans when they made first contact 100 years ago. About the same time as with Earth?

-Among their nifty abilities, Arkonians can't eat ration bars. They do however have a nifty spray they spit from their mouths that can heal a wound completely. Phlox would be delighted to have an Arkonian vomit on him.

-For the first time, we get to see whatever T'Pol looks at in that funky viewer at the science station! As expected, it's a bunch of colourful jibberish - but why must that jibberish be stuck in an extendo-box? Why not on the really epxensive plasma screens they have so many of?

-Luckily, the moon's atmosphere has lots of selenium isotopes that prevent the shuttle(s) from flying, so the pod will have to be abandonned (two now, isn't it?).

-Also, due to his dehydrated condition the transporter can't beam the Arkonian, so Trip elects to stay down there with him. Okay, fine; but why can't Enterprise beam down some fancy cooling gear, water, or that stuff the Arkonian needs to survive, hm?

Mark

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

The lack of responses seems to indicate that most people found this a pretty tech-light episode...

C'mon, give us some fleet battles!

Mark

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We could discuss the interstellar success of the cricket.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually liked this episode quite a lot, despite the obvious similarity to Enemy Mine. It felt like something they'd do on TOS.

But yeah, as far as tech goes, there's not all that much to speak of. But that's kind of nice in a way. It's good to mix high and low tech episodes, that way you don't get too tired of fancy gadgets and stuff.

I'm not sure about Shuttlepod 01 being abandoned or not. I suppose they might have had the Arkonians go back down and retrieve it for them, though I don't quite know how receptive the Arkonians would have been to that...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought itw was tech heavy without being tech heavy. By that I mean the fact the Trip's goal was to fix his communications device, but that wasn't too much of a step for people to think about.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This episode was almost a polar opposite of that DS9 ep, I think it was "Ascension"? Anyways, in that ep the characters could understand each other. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

quote:
For the first time, we get to see whatever T'Pol looks at in that funky viewer at the science station!
I don't think it is the first time.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

*bump*

Despite the relative lack of interest in this episode the first time around, does anyone have additional thoughts on this relatively tech-light episode?

Mark

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
This episode was almost a polar opposite of that DS9 ep, I think it was "Ascension"? Anyways, in that ep the characters could understand each other. [Smile]

Youse mean "Babel"?

And again, I've been missing the reruns due to the current lack of winter weather we are having. [Smile]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps