Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Ticonderoga (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Ticonderoga
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I think O'Brien did use Guinan's name. Although she did take a phaser rifle out right in front of him at Ten Foward once during a brawl...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a bigger question might be: HOW did Quark find out about the planet so quickly in the first place? I never got the impression that Picard and company were hanging around that long after the destruction of the Son'a collector...

On the other hand, if the Ticonderoga were bringing a new warp core for the Enterprise, that would have meant that they needed to hang around long enough for Starfleet to send them.

Either way, it seems that Quark pulled some strings to get out there -- which isn't too surprising, I guess.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riker obviously sent out his message ("Something is amiss at the Baku planet, please wait for further news") after dealing with the Son'a battlecruisers. And just as obviously, the message would also have included a request for assistance for the coreless Enterprise. But what else would have been in that message, and who would have heard or overheard it?

Riker knew nothing about the fact that the Son'a were out for revenge. He could only guess that Dougherty had exceeded his authority. And the fact that the planet was a fountain of youth was not news to the people Riker was sending the message to. Would he have included any mention of that fact in his message, then?

Two main possibilities: Riker deliberately broadcast to everybody listening, to embarrass the Council to action. Or then he only sent a coded message in which he threatened to blow the whistle if no action was taken. So there might have been information in Riker's message about the fountain of youth either way. And Quark could have gotten that information in time to board the Ticonderoga (or perhaps to take a Ferengi ship to the Briar Patch).

The role of the Ticonderoga is still left unclear. The E-E didn't really need a new warp core for getting out of the Briar Patch, so why send the core into the Patch? It seems more likely that the Ticonderoga was actually dispatched by the Council to get rid of the Enterprise (not quite as violently as the Son'a tried to do it, though), and got her mission toned down a bit when there was a policy change.

Timo Saloniemi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
Someone on TrekBBS once pointed out that Worf never actually called Quark by his name, at least as far as anyone could remember. If that scene didn't get cut, their special relationship would have been broken.

I'm sure that's wrong, but I can't remember any instances either. Bugger.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing season 4 episodes would have more of Worf saying 'Quark' because there were several clashes there.

"...without sin" maybe? "looking for Par'mach in all the wrong places"?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe, but who would dare to check?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who would really care enough?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps