Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » It *was* named for him!

Author Topic: It *was* named for him!
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just looking through the transcript of the online chat with Larry Nemecek and Geoffrey Mandel that startrek.com did recently, and I noticed this bit:

quote:
Q: Larry, what is your favorite behind-the-scenes anecdote from TNG?
noodle7

LN: (Overwhelmed look on his face) Ahhh, here's where I should have my sound bites ready! Okay, here's one. This is from the 4th Season, which would be '91, but I didn't know about it for 7 years. Jeri Taylor (former Exec Producer for all you newbies) told me 7 years later, that she jumbled the letters in my name from my old TNG Concordance on her desk, and named the junkie alien freighter "Nenebek" from "Final Mission" after me. What an honor! No crew name, no planet, just a crappy ship that nearly kills Picard. : )

Someone was saying something similar a while back in one of my Shiplist threads, but everyone dismissed it because Nemecek hadn't worked on the show at the time "Final Mission" was done. But here, we have the real story. Just thought it was kinda cool.

The rest of the chat is pretty uninteresting, but you can see the full transcript here.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was me. [Smile] I knew I'd read it somewhere...

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well slap my ass and call me Grandma...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps