Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Unknown Excelsior

Author Topic: Unknown Excelsior
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, this almost isn't even worth posting as its own individual post but none recently seemed to befit the question at hand. Now, I have recently attempted to check over other past posts to ensure this hasnt been covered but I wasnt able to find it.

In anycase here is the question:
Does anyone know as to the identity of the Excelsior Class ship that transported Admiral Haftel to the EnterpriseD from his Daystrom Annex on Galor IV in "The Offspring"? I have found no reference to its name anywhere, and since everyone has managed to pull names out of their asses for identities of other ships early on in the series, I was curious if anyone managed to find out the name on this one?

Thanks for any help ya'll can provide.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. And it wouldn't be the ONLY nameless Excelsior in TNG.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. Thanks.

--------------------

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah! I think I understand now. Your boo-boo was the act of double-topic creation. Right?

So how many nameless Excelsiors were there?

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Futurama Guy: "Pulling" something out of your ass means making it up or guessing.
I don't think that's what you implied these people did, was it? :-)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

No, it simply implies that someone somewhere did some serious research or question asking/emailing was done to verify much of what we know about ships seen but not specifically names on air, but later identified after the fact...take for example identifying the Hood in "Tears of the Prophets", or that the vessel in "Drumhead" was the Cochrane.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That, of course, is the exact opposite of figuratively pulling something out of one's ass.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

bah, whatever...

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Oh, one other thing...was there ever a name assigned to the runabout in "Timescape" that picard, troi, data and laforge? I would assume that it probably just has 'Rio Grande' on the hull from being a reuse from DS9, but does anyone know otherwise?

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, IIRC it was just labeled as the Rio Grande, but it obviously wasn't supposed to *be* the RG in that episode.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps